Why are there so many rage quitting salty people?
Last night I was in a match as Michael Myer, I had the unlimited evil within add on and something else I can't remember what and I was stood behind this Kate survivor and I was stalking her and she turned around and saw me and rag quit. I thought what a whimper. She got reported but still I lost a kill.
Comments
Because people just can't fathom that they wont always win 😕. Had it happen to me Lastnight as I was streaming on twitch (if you want to see how bad it was: www.twitch.tv/shesarebel88)
Seems people don't play for fun or to broaden their skills anymore. Sucks for those of us who actually enjoy playing a game win or lose.
I mean, I get more 4k’s with ten matches then deaths with matches. So no. Especially seeing how it’s in the killers ability to focus a guy down and kill him if he wills it. There’s nothing you could do then. So not really, it doesn’t hurt.
It's because there's no serious consequences for it. All that really happens is they lose the bloodpoints from that match.
Players DC on Myers, Nurse and Freddy all the time, and nearly 90% of the killers I see DC on game map or swamp. No one should be HAVE to play, nor should they have to wait to be killed to move to another game.
That’s not how games work..... especially ones without late join
you have to factor in the previous hour of their gameplay. the culmination of plain ol' bs that is exemplified in this moment...well there is more to the story. probably camp/tunneled several times in the previous hour.
Only Killers can use that excuse you bigot
Because leaving only once every 3 matches won't get you punished at all.
And even if you'd leave just a tad more than that, i'm not sure you'd get punished.
The % for a ban is WAY TO HIGH. It’s like 60-70%. If you played 100 games. You’d have to DC AT LEAST SIXTY OF THEM!
That stat on its own can be made to look however you want:
2/3 matches
3/5 matches
and taking into account a % for error that % sound reasonable if it has a standard time frame or number of games to which its applied.
i still don’t think rage quitting is that much of an issue and IMO I don’t feel it warrants reporting
On ps4 it’s a massive issue. It’s really common, and can compromise your save data. If the killer decides to close app; survivors lose ALL CURRENCY ITEMS AND XP THAT GAME, a chance to lose stuff NOT THAT GAME, and a chance to have complete data loss, thousands of hours gone. I lost 7 hours yesterday. From a single DC. And they do it at the drop of a hat too, on PS4, it exits are powered and killer has no kills, there’s a solid 20% of a close app DC. Not to mention, it STILL EFFECTS you if you escaped. You’re only safe once you’ve been official escaped for AT LEAST 20 seconds
If Killers just press “leave match” like a sane person, none of those problems happen.
because rage quitting (at least by pulling the plub) reward the survivor and punish the killer.
The survivor get to keep whatever item he had on him including the addons and as far as I'm aware they get to keep the bloodpoint they gained before the dc
Since the game as trouble handling those thing, on the side of the guy that pulled the plug it will act like every one but him disconnected and aware him his bp
It might have been fixed since last time I saw it happen was month ago but I doubt it since it was nether mentionned in the patch notes
However killer gain nothing for dcing, unless you compt denying a bit of bp to the survivor as a +
edit: also to note that I'm talking about the pc version, since I have no idea about the state of the game on console if you are a console only player take all I said about survivor dcing with a grain of salt
the "dasboarding" thing on ps4 was fixed last update. doesn't quite function as intended but at least you can see the name of who quit and how. it could also be a general disconnection though as is known to randomly happen.
edit-ah. i didn't read all that before sounding off. you are correct in your assessment.
The answer is simple, there's absolutely, positively, no consequences for rage quitting or being salty what so ever hence why it's so out of control. In this game you can do anything you want, say anything you want, welcome to the wild west!!
Let's face it, in 90%+ of the times its a salty survivor. Since punishment for DCS should stack up slowly if it happens too often within a time frame, I would be fine do getting a 5 min Bann if I dc against a exploiting survivor who is holding me hostage
That sounds horrifying.
Possibly because ragequitting is not punished.
And also because people are bored to see killers using ultra-rares every single rounds to "cheese" some wins.
The last time I played survivors, I couldn't have a single round without Iri hatchets/Mint rag+shackle hags/3-4 blinks camping nurses with Ebony and such.
It's getting old quickly. I'm a killer main and I understand why they just leave at times. Ultra-rares are supposed to be rare, but they're just played every single rounds atm which is ultimately boring.
Can you imagine crawling around on the ground just because the killer wants you there and crawl until you bleed out? I totally get why a survivor would DC instead of putting up with that to be honest how boring.
“We do not plan on addressing this issue anytime soon.” -Actual devstream quote to someone asking if it’ll be fixed.
...
......
.........
No seriously, i got no words for that stupidity.
They would have a hard time addressing it is because killers are ######### and tunnel and camp, and unless they can fix that first there is no point in penalizing for DC's. The game is more balanced now than ever before, but you still have killers camping hooks and tunneling off the hook. And as far as I'm concerned killers shouldn't DC because they didn't get any kills and all the gens are done, it's called get good or don't play.
Why fix? They want tunneling and camping to stay.
They are incentivizing you to do other things (look at Borrowed Time and Barbecue & Chili), but they don't want to remove them.