Small off-topic point, I wish Jason was a part of DBD because of this video now.
Sadly, his license is more tricky to navigate than being blind-folded in a maze...
Im pretty sure they could do alot more with him than they could do with Bubba. Not really any meaningful differences you could find between Billy and Bubba. Trapper and Jason though... You got plenty of room to differenciate. Imagine if DBD Jason could mist walk like he does in Mortal Kombat, Just walk into mist at one point, and out of mist at another. I was kinda daydreaming this thought the other day. What if you could "set" the mistwalk location by looking at a spot and holding down M2, then activate the ability later by releasing the M2?
Point being... Jason doesnt exactly scream "beartraps" like Bubba screams "chainsaw"
@FireHazard I think his movement speed should be increased once the chainsaw charges. Nothing as crazy as Hillbilly, mind you. But maybe to 120% or something.
Now, I admit, my understanding of numbers in DbD leaves much to be desired. Numbers here are odd to me, unlike in games like Overwatch where I can easily calculate what a 20% increase to Soldier 76's damage nets, or even what reducing his clip by a few bullets nets overall. Even in body-shots vs headshots. So, that 120% percent I mentioned might be crazy or useless. But you get my drift.
Right now, his slow is what kills me with him. I have to be practically piggy-backing on the survivor and let them carry for it to feel like the chainsaw is worth using.
Which is probably where I need to get more involved with his add-ons. Still learning the game, so I'm trying to learn various killers before relying on their add-ons.
@GrootDude I appreciate you making me feel old (just kidding). ๐ I have three kids older than you. My kids are 26, 21, 19, and 9.
I like all those series a lot except for Scream. I could just never get into Scream.
Myers I loved right up until the Curse of Michael Myers. I was glad that H20 ignored everything after Halloween II, until its sequel, Resurrection, screwed that up. So far, love the 2018 continuity reboot that only acknowledges the original Halloween. Especially since John Carpenter never wanted to make Laurie his sister, but did it because he was rushed on the script and the studio rejected earlier drafts for not having enough of a twist. So I'm glad he finally got to undo that. Just hoping they don't screw it up, yet again, with Halloween Kills in 2020 and Halloween Ends in 2021.
As it stands, Myers now has three continuities: Halloween through Curse of Michael Myers; Halloween, Halloween 2, H20, and Resurrection; then Halloween, Halloween 2018, and the two upcoming sequels. He's has as many continuities as Highlander at this point.
Liked all the Friday the 13th films except Part 9 and Jason X.
I really enjoyed the 2009 remake.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre . . . I liked the first film. The sequels went too much into the black-humor campiness for me. Texas Chainsaw: Next Generation should be forgotten.
I did like the 2003 remake and The Beginning prequel, though. One of the rare instances I actually enjoyed the remakes more than most of the originals.
Love all the Nightmare on Elm Streets, including Freddy vs Jason. A New Nightmare was the only questionable one for me. The remake can be thrown into a landfill somewhere along with the infamous E.T. game from the Atari 2600.
Im pretty sure they could do alot more with him than they could do with Bubba. Not really any meaningful differences you could find between Billy and Bubba. Trapper and Jason though... You got plenty of room to differenciate. Imagine if DBD Jason could mist walk like he does in Mortal Kombat, Just walk into mist at one point, and out of mist at another. I was kinda daydreaming this thought the other day. What if you could "set" the mistwalk location by looking at a spot and holding down M2, then activate the ability later by releasing the M2?
Point being... Jason doesnt exactly scream "beartraps" like Bubba screams "chainsaw"
Just make him a mist walker that teleports from place to place like in the movie. He doesn't canonically teleport, but lets be honest... he does.
And the whole "un-killable" concept can be turned into something, I don't know what but... they can probably think of something there.
A fair bit can be done with Jason, i'd just need time and a list to really think of something unique for him.
@FireHazard I think his movement speed should be increased once the chainsaw charges. Nothing as crazy as Hillbilly, mind you. But maybe to 120% or something.
Now, I admit, my understanding of numbers in DbD leaves much to be desired. Numbers here are odd to me, unlike in games like Overwatch where I can easily calculate what a 20% increase to Soldier 76's damage nets, or even what reducing his clip by a few bullets nets overall. Even in body-shots vs headshots. So, that 120% percent I mentioned might be crazy or useless. But you get my drift.
Right now, his slow is what kills me with him. I have to be practically piggy-backing on the survivor and let them carry for it to feel like the chainsaw is worth using.
Which is probably where I need to get more involved with his add-ons. Still learning the game, so I'm trying to learn various killers before relying on their add-ons.
@GrootDude I appreciate you making me feel old (just kidding). ๐ I have three kids older than you. My kids are 26, 21, 19, and 9.
I like all those series a lot except for Scream. I could just never get into Scream.
Myers I loved right up until the Curse of Michael Myers. I was glad that H20 ignored everything after Halloween II, until its sequel, Resurrection, screwed that up. So far, love the 2018 continuity reboot that only acknowledges the original Halloween. Especially since John Carpenter never wanted to make Laurie his sister, but did it because he was rushed on the script and the studio rejected earlier drafts for not having enough of a twist. So I'm glad he finally got to undo that. Just hoping they don't screw it up, yet again, with Halloween Kills in 2020 and Halloween Ends in 2021.
As it stands, Myers now has three continuities: Halloween through Curse of Michael Myers; Halloween, Halloween 2, H20, and Resurrection; then Halloween, Halloween 2018, and the two upcoming sequels. He's has as many continuities as Highlander at this point.
Liked all the Friday the 13th films except Part 9 and Jason X.
I really enjoyed the 2009 remake.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre . . . I liked the first film. The sequels went too much into the black-humor campiness for me. Texas Chainsaw: Next Generation should be forgotten.
I did like the 2003 remake and The Beginning prequel, though. One of the rare instances I actually enjoyed the remakes more than most of the originals.
@FireHazard I think his movement speed should be increased once the chainsaw charges. Nothing as crazy as Hillbilly, mind you. But maybe to 120% or something.
Now, I admit, my understanding of numbers in DbD leaves much to be desired. Numbers here are odd to me, unlike in games like Overwatch where I can easily calculate what a 20% increase to Soldier 76's damage nets, or even what reducing his clip by a few bullets nets overall. Even in body-shots vs headshots. So, that 120% percent I mentioned might be crazy or useless. But you get my drift.
Right now, his slow is what kills me with him. I have to be practically piggy-backing on the survivor and let them carry for it to feel like the chainsaw is worth using.
Which is probably where I need to get more involved with his add-ons. Still learning the game, so I'm trying to learn various killers before relying on their add-ons.
@GrootDude I appreciate you making me feel old (just kidding). ๐ I have three kids older than you. My kids are 26, 21, 19, and 9.
I like all those series a lot except for Scream. I could just never get into Scream.
Myers I loved right up until the Curse of Michael Myers. I was glad that H20 ignored everything after Halloween II, until its sequel, Resurrection, screwed that up. So far, love the 2018 continuity reboot that only acknowledges the original Halloween. Especially since John Carpenter never wanted to make Laurie his sister, but did it because he was rushed on the script and the studio rejected earlier drafts for not having enough of a twist. So I'm glad he finally got to undo that. Just hoping they don't screw it up, yet again, with Halloween Kills in 2020 and Halloween Ends in 2021.
As it stands, Myers now has three continuities: Halloween through Curse of Michael Myers; Halloween, Halloween 2, H20, and Resurrection; then Halloween, Halloween 2018, and the two upcoming sequels. He's has as many continuities as Highlander at this point.
Liked all the Friday the 13th films except Part 9 and Jason X.
I really enjoyed the 2009 remake.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre . . . I liked the first film. The sequels went too much into the black-humor campiness for me. Texas Chainsaw: Next Generation should be forgotten.
I did like the 2003 remake and The Beginning prequel, though. One of the rare instances I actually enjoyed the remakes more than most of the originals.
Basically what they could do is make him less add-on reliant like Pre-Patch Freddy was, and give him a more unique concept to use with his chain-saw. Remove the power or don't they could at least throw in a twist to him, and give the character some justice...
I don't get anything out of Leatherface when I use him, and I feel like I should...
@FireHazard@LordGlint Sweet Christmas, but Friday the 13th: The Game handled Jason damned near perfectly for what he does in the films.
Then again, I enjoy Counselor over there a hell of a lot more than Survivor over here. I wish someone would come along with a new game similar to a lot of that game's core designs. I'd be all over it.
@FireHazard@LordGlint Sweet Christmas, but Friday the 13th: The Game handled Jason damned near perfectly for what he does in the films.
Then again, I enjoy Counselor over there a hell of a lot more than Survivor over here. I wish someone would come along with a new game similar to a lot of that game's core designs. I'd be all over it.
Yeah but he was in that game WAAAAY too OP when you played him.
Basically, if you had that Jason into DBD, the forums would be on a strike for weeks lmao.
@FireHazard Oh no, I wouldn't add that form of Jason to DbD. That Jason worked within that game's design. Much larger maps, many more Counselors per maps, indoors and outdoors, various Counselor objectives all spread out (car parts, boat parts, phone repair to call the cops, or even unmasking and killing Jason), managing fear to counter his Sense power, and even hiding in wardrobes and under beds. Plus Counselors could fight back somewhat.
But after playing that game (and I still do) Behavior would have a tall order with me adding him to DbD and making him feel like Jason here.
Granted, I think they did a hell of a job with Myers, but Myers also didn't have a unique game based on his films first, either. So, no other point of reference for that "feel."
@FireHazard@LordGlint Hmmm, which Jason would you add? The basically human one that gets his ass kicked for two films and then killed in Part 4, or the resurrected one from Part 6 onward that is pretty much an unstoppable killing machine?
Or just say to hell with it and add Roy from Part 5. ๐คฃ
Just avoid the Freddy vs Jason version. He got engulfed in flames and didn't stagger a step. I can't imagine mere pallets stunning that Jason.
@FireHazard@LordGlint Hmmm, which Jason would you add? The basically human one that gets his ass kicked for two films and then killed in Part 4, or the resurrected one from Part 6 onward that is pretty much an unstoppable killing machine?
Or just say to hell with it and add Roy from Part 5. ๐คฃ
Just avoid the Freddy vs Jason version. He got engulfed in flames and didn't stagger a step. I can't imagine mere pallets stunning that Jason.
Freddy vs Jason version mightve been able to shrug off fire...but not flying scuba tanks. Think im one of the few ppl who actually LIKED that movie.
@LordGlint I loved Freddy vs Jason. Saw it in the theaters several times. Forgot the scuba tank part. Time to pull out the DvD and watch it again. I hate forgetting scenes like that.
And by the way: Holy broken train tracks, Batman! Did we derail a thread. But I'm off for the night. Want to play either this or F13 a little before bed, and it's 11pm here.
@LordGlint I loved Freddy vs Jason. Saw it in the theaters several times. Forgot the scuba tank part. Time to pull out the DvD and watch it again. I hate forgetting scenes like that.
And by the way: Holy broken train tracks, Batman! Did we derail a thread. But I'm off for the night. Want to play either this or F13 a little before bed, and it's 11pm here.
There was a scene at the end where Freddy starts shooting air tanks at Jason by cutting off the tops. Also, this conversation got derailed like 2 pages of comments ago.
What kind of unique things can you really think of for Bubba to do that Billy doesnt already do? Im kinda at a loss for this one.
I'd honestly have to review the original movies (The first and the sequel, not the remakes or anything) to decide.
What they did with him is currently the most accurate portrayal of him they could've done, but it doesn't work with how DBD mechanics work. He needs something unique, he needs something that can benefit him but dis-associates him from whats already established.
Perhaps a small Demo-Gorgon dash with his chainsaw? Something to do with the Hooks as hes shown to use meat hooks in the movies. Maybe he gains boosts for being "blood starved" because hes a cannibal?
I could right up a rework concept for him in the future, but not right now.
Too be honest, it should be the most iconic version of him. I believe that would be when the first inception of the hokey mask took place.
I think that was part 3 if i'm not mistaken, but idk really as I only have some knowledge of some of the movies... Due to there being literally TEN OF THEM!?!
Too be honest, it should be the most iconic version of him. I believe that would be when the first inception of the hokey mask took place.
I think that was part 3 if i'm not mistaken, but idk really as I only have some knowledge of some of the movies... Due to there being literally TEN OF THEM!?!
I think his later iterations could be a better suit. If the entity is granting him powers, its probably best to go with the version that has literally gone to hell and back. At least then it wont be such a stretch when he does something supernatural.
I think his later iterations could be a better suit. If the entity is granting him powers, its probably best to go with the version that has literally gone to hell and back. At least then it wont be such a stretch when he does something supernatural.
That'd probably make sense, maybe they could go off of the concept of Freddy Vs Jason where he dies and is magically transported by The Entity to the DBD universe.
If we ARE lucky, we could get the camp crystal lake maps and one of the well known Survivors from that movie. I forgot his name, its uh... Tommy? Idk.
They could also just go off of the most memorable one, from the most popular Jason movie.
DS is pretty good at low ranks, and sometimes at higher ranks. You can use it to bait killers, or do game winning chases against them.
Save The Best For Last is very underrated for M1 killers because you would get hits that you normally wouldn't get as the killer.
Spirit Fury is decent by itself, but combined with Enduring you will be able to either waste the survivors' pallets faster or down survivors from dropping pallets on you.
Deliverance is not bad because you can unhook yourself when someone else doesn't want to go for the unhook. This is really powerful because this takes the killer's pressure away even when you're hooked.
We're Going to Live Forever is not as good as BBQ, but it's something to cut down the grind if you main survivor (you even see recommend leveling David King for that reason). I have the special edition of Dead by Daylight so I get him for free, but this is mainly considering PC players.
Hex: Ruin is pretty decent at high ranks because it slows the game down for killers who can't do map pressure as well as other killers. This is another luxury of having the special edition of Dead by Daylight because this is free for console players.
I could go on and on, but these perks are somewhat pay to win if you don't have the money to buy the characters.
All in all, I prefer the bonus 100% BP is baseline for everyone. :)
WGLF (along side David and Huntress) are free on all platforms pretty sure.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Im pretty sure they could do alot more with him than they could do with Bubba. Not really any meaningful differences you could find between Billy and Bubba. Trapper and Jason though... You got plenty of room to differenciate. Imagine if DBD Jason could mist walk like he does in Mortal Kombat, Just walk into mist at one point, and out of mist at another. I was kinda daydreaming this thought the other day. What if you could "set" the mistwalk location by looking at a spot and holding down M2, then activate the ability later by releasing the M2?
Point being... Jason doesnt exactly scream "beartraps" like Bubba screams "chainsaw"
@FireHazard I think his movement speed should be increased once the chainsaw charges. Nothing as crazy as Hillbilly, mind you. But maybe to 120% or something.
Now, I admit, my understanding of numbers in DbD leaves much to be desired. Numbers here are odd to me, unlike in games like Overwatch where I can easily calculate what a 20% increase to Soldier 76's damage nets, or even what reducing his clip by a few bullets nets overall. Even in body-shots vs headshots. So, that 120% percent I mentioned might be crazy or useless. But you get my drift.
Right now, his slow is what kills me with him. I have to be practically piggy-backing on the survivor and let them carry for it to feel like the chainsaw is worth using.
Which is probably where I need to get more involved with his add-ons. Still learning the game, so I'm trying to learn various killers before relying on their add-ons.
@GrootDude I appreciate you making me feel old (just kidding). ๐ I have three kids older than you. My kids are 26, 21, 19, and 9.
I like all those series a lot except for Scream. I could just never get into Scream.
Myers I loved right up until the Curse of Michael Myers. I was glad that H20 ignored everything after Halloween II, until its sequel, Resurrection, screwed that up. So far, love the 2018 continuity reboot that only acknowledges the original Halloween. Especially since John Carpenter never wanted to make Laurie his sister, but did it because he was rushed on the script and the studio rejected earlier drafts for not having enough of a twist. So I'm glad he finally got to undo that. Just hoping they don't screw it up, yet again, with Halloween Kills in 2020 and Halloween Ends in 2021.
As it stands, Myers now has three continuities: Halloween through Curse of Michael Myers; Halloween, Halloween 2, H20, and Resurrection; then Halloween, Halloween 2018, and the two upcoming sequels. He's has as many continuities as Highlander at this point.
Liked all the Friday the 13th films except Part 9 and Jason X.
I really enjoyed the 2009 remake.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre . . . I liked the first film. The sequels went too much into the black-humor campiness for me. Texas Chainsaw: Next Generation should be forgotten.
I did like the 2003 remake and The Beginning prequel, though. One of the rare instances I actually enjoyed the remakes more than most of the originals.
Love all the Nightmare on Elm Streets, including Freddy vs Jason. A New Nightmare was the only questionable one for me. The remake can be thrown into a landfill somewhere along with the infamous E.T. game from the Atari 2600.
@LordGlint Nice photo. ๐
Just make him a mist walker that teleports from place to place like in the movie. He doesn't canonically teleport, but lets be honest... he does.
And the whole "un-killable" concept can be turned into something, I don't know what but... they can probably think of something there.
A fair bit can be done with Jason, i'd just need time and a list to really think of something unique for him.
Those are videos mate, not photos.
Also, I think Bubba moves at 118% currently when running at someone with his chainsaw swinging.
Basically what they could do is make him less add-on reliant like Pre-Patch Freddy was, and give him a more unique concept to use with his chain-saw. Remove the power or don't they could at least throw in a twist to him, and give the character some justice...
I don't get anything out of Leatherface when I use him, and I feel like I should...
@FireHazard @LordGlint Sweet Christmas, but Friday the 13th: The Game handled Jason damned near perfectly for what he does in the films.
Then again, I enjoy Counselor over there a hell of a lot more than Survivor over here. I wish someone would come along with a new game similar to a lot of that game's core designs. I'd be all over it.
Imagine running from Jason using the Ironworks loop... You jump through the window, just to see Jason walking through the mist as soon as you turn.
Yeah but he was in that game WAAAAY too OP when you played him.
Basically, if you had that Jason into DBD, the forums would be on a strike for weeks lmao.
That'd be awesome tbh, he just shows up in the mist teleport animation and hits you.
You can even have insta-grab mist traps in lockers and such, but thats just a thought, its not really a practical thing to have...
@FireHazard Oh no, I wouldn't add that form of Jason to DbD. That Jason worked within that game's design. Much larger maps, many more Counselors per maps, indoors and outdoors, various Counselor objectives all spread out (car parts, boat parts, phone repair to call the cops, or even unmasking and killing Jason), managing fear to counter his Sense power, and even hiding in wardrobes and under beds. Plus Counselors could fight back somewhat.
But after playing that game (and I still do) Behavior would have a tall order with me adding him to DbD and making him feel like Jason here.
Granted, I think they did a hell of a job with Myers, but Myers also didn't have a unique game based on his films first, either. So, no other point of reference for that "feel."
What kind of unique things can you really think of for Bubba to do that Billy doesnt already do? Im kinda at a loss for this one.
@FireHazard @LordGlint Hmmm, which Jason would you add? The basically human one that gets his ass kicked for two films and then killed in Part 4, or the resurrected one from Part 6 onward that is pretty much an unstoppable killing machine?
Or just say to hell with it and add Roy from Part 5. ๐คฃ
Just avoid the Freddy vs Jason version. He got engulfed in flames and didn't stagger a step. I can't imagine mere pallets stunning that Jason.
Freddy vs Jason version mightve been able to shrug off fire...but not flying scuba tanks. Think im one of the few ppl who actually LIKED that movie.
@LordGlint I loved Freddy vs Jason. Saw it in the theaters several times. Forgot the scuba tank part. Time to pull out the DvD and watch it again. I hate forgetting scenes like that.
And by the way: Holy broken train tracks, Batman! Did we derail a thread. But I'm off for the night. Want to play either this or F13 a little before bed, and it's 11pm here.
There was a scene at the end where Freddy starts shooting air tanks at Jason by cutting off the tops. Also, this conversation got derailed like 2 pages of comments ago.
I'd honestly have to review the original movies (The first and the sequel, not the remakes or anything) to decide.
What they did with him is currently the most accurate portrayal of him they could've done, but it doesn't work with how DBD mechanics work. He needs something unique, he needs something that can benefit him but dis-associates him from whats already established.
Perhaps a small Demo-Gorgon dash with his chainsaw? Something to do with the Hooks as hes shown to use meat hooks in the movies. Maybe he gains boosts for being "blood starved" because hes a cannibal?
I could right up a rework concept for him in the future, but not right now.
@LordGlint @Kilmeran
Too be honest, it should be the most iconic version of him. I believe that would be when the first inception of the hokey mask took place.
I think that was part 3 if i'm not mistaken, but idk really as I only have some knowledge of some of the movies... Due to there being literally TEN OF THEM!?!
I think his later iterations could be a better suit. If the entity is granting him powers, its probably best to go with the version that has literally gone to hell and back. At least then it wont be such a stretch when he does something supernatural.
That'd probably make sense, maybe they could go off of the concept of Freddy Vs Jason where he dies and is magically transported by The Entity to the DBD universe.
If we ARE lucky, we could get the camp crystal lake maps and one of the well known Survivors from that movie. I forgot his name, its uh... Tommy? Idk.
They could also just go off of the most memorable one, from the most popular Jason movie.
@FireHazard Tommy Jarvis, yeah.
WGLF (along side David and Huntress) are free on all platforms pretty sure.