Clown fix

All of these changes go together:

  • Clown is no longer slowed down when throwing his bottle
  • When in his gas the Clown moves 0.6 M/S faster (unlike with the Hindered effect this goes away immediately when exiting the gas)
  • Clown now moves at 2.7 M/S while reloading (up from 1.8)
  • Reloading takes 4 seconds (down from 5)

His addons are fine.

Unlike the Other Killers I've been doing fixes for Clown doesn't need that much, even if what I am proposing is big.

MS in the gas means he can trade chase potential for map potential while roaming and gets far more chase potential out of his bottles due to it also speeding himself up by the same amount.

Reloading being less punishing means he is more flexible

Not being slowed down by bottle throws removes pointless downsides.

Comments

  • Rather than moving faster in cloud I would prefer +5% base slow penalty for Survivors and +2 bottles.

  • I dont think he should get a speed bonus in his base kit.

    The reload idea is solid though. I always thought it slows too much and too long. Alternatively one could turn it into a channeled ability that restores 1ammo per second instead of a cast with 4 ammo for 4 seconds.

    The effect of the gas on survivors can always be improved i guess, or the gas behavior (aoe, spread, linger duration)

  • Short but sweet, so is my comment: Just seems like good additions.

  • While 15% is possibly too much, I'd like to remind you that most people agree that the Clown is bad due to being over specialized for chases and only kinda good even then.

    Trying to further emphasize his chase potential exclusively means he'd need to be insanely good in a chase, and I mean better than Nurse good because Nurse level is great chases AND great map pressure.

    Considering that doing so would require making the chases basically impossible for Survivors this doesn't seem like the best option. Hence improving his mobility instead. Now he can get around must easier when patrolling. And yes this also improves his chase a lot, but not to the insane degree that would be required to compete with the top tiers at just that alone.