an Idea for DS change

  1. Ds can now trigger twice per match (per 2unhooks) (if miss skillcheck it still works next time)
  2. Ds does not activate if grabbed from locker or window,pallet.
  3. Once all generators are completed Ds no longer work at all (if have ds before all gens activated then it gets disabled once generators are completed)
  4. Ds is now 80second perk
  5. Ds is DEACTIVATED when another person gets hooked.

What do you guys think? as a both rank 1killer who doesn't tunnel but gets ds'd at the exit or when someone forces me to pick them from locker is dumb and as a rank 1 survivor which now will make ds a anti-tunnel perk with this change for sure

Comments

  • and ppl are still wondering why they only face nurse, spirit and billy at high rank while suvivors getting more and more of this crazy second chance perks.

  • Decisive is balanced right now. No change necissary.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/680076#Comment_680076

    You keep calling it tunneling but we've specifically outlined cases where that doesn't apply, and pointed out that there is 0 counterplay to lockers and DS (letting the survivor get out of the locker and start working on a gen after you leave is not counterplay, slugging is). "Just go chase someone else" is irrelevant if there's 3 survivors working on separate gens across the map. You might pressure one off the gen, but the other two (and now a third, the DS user) are able to work on gens while you chase the one guy. Significant progress on 3 gens for at least 30+ seconds (that's being very generous) assuming you're not playing a top tier killer. That has nothing to do with coordination, that's just survivors doing what they're supposed to do. That's counterplay to you?

    And if we can't balance around all ranks (I think we can but they haven't tried, only adding new perks that are hardly ever used) and can only balance around the majority ranks, maybe it's time to look into rank-specific match conditions.

    But w/e. I'm going to stick to playing survivor and Spirit. Red rank killer is a nightmare on console.

    If you're aggressively after a survivor for the one minute post-hook window where Decisive Strike is active, the one single time during a match where it is even a concern... wouldn't you call that tunneling?

    I don't want to come across as one of those players who calls EVERYTHING tunneling, because I hate that. But if you are literally chasing someone immediately off the hook, aren't you tunneling them, AKA the specific issue that Decisive Strike is supposed to protect the survivor against? Like how is this not an open and shut issue?

  • @artist said:

    doesnt need changing. and having it deactivate because someone else gets hooked would make it useless. it's already up to the killer whether or not they get hit by ds, stop giving it more limitations

    Fine as it is? Killers will just sit there and wait out the 60 seconds before they pick you up again. The timer needs to be stopped when a killer is in terror radius so they don’t slug

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/680404#Comment_680404

    At that point, it just becomes an immunity perk.

    Yeah, lemme just follow you around, knowing you can't pick me up until you go away for 60 whole seconds, which means I have 60 seconds where you cannot even be NEAR me before you can come pick me up again which means anyone in those 60 seconds can just come in and tap me, and I would STILL have time to come BACK with it still active to do it all again?

    Yeah, no.

    So instead, I can just loop you for 61 seconds and then you down me afterward and get no penalty toward it despite you still tunneling?


    yeah, no

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/680473#Comment_680473

    The penalty is they wasted 61 seconds chasing one survivor, meaning if all 4 survivors are alive, 3 gens should be at least 75% completed.

    Not if you’re a solo survivor 😂

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679594#Comment_679594

    I wouldn't say that they're OP or useless, I would at most say that they're unnecessary. Having it disable when another survivor is hooked is great on paper, but that just means that if I have two slugged, I can hook them both back to back and then return to tunnel the first guy freely. Having it disable in lockers also seems unnecessary to me. If the goal is to punish the killer for tunneling, being "safe" in a locker doesn't seem unfair.

    I would, however, say that this would be way too many conditions for one perk. Imagine having to put all of this into the perk description. It would be a novel.

    https://youtu.be/lIJjZxJa7iM?t=151

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/680480#Comment_680480

    I feel that. Sometimes you just get a bad team. At that point you just gotta try your best to pip given the circumstances.

    More like “all the time” lol

  • I would say the Decisive Strike is in the best spot that it has been since it's incarnation. It used to be incredibly unfair towards killers, and since has been balanced into a pretty good spot, I honestly think that DS will never be changed, as it is incredibly balanced in it's current state. It discourages chasing survivors who have just been unhooked, and gives said survivors a way out if that happens.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/680498#Comment_680498

    It makes me wonder: What does the playtime of the people talking in this thread look like? How many solo survivor mains vs SWF (and what kind of SWF? 4 man? 3 man? Duo?) players are in here? Killer mains? Even/odd mix? Rank distribution?

    Me personally I play a bit of everything. Mostly duo survivor for the past year, but before that mostly killer and 4 man SWF. Definitely don't prefer playing solo survivor these days, but on the flip side I also find killer to be super stressful. It's something I want to play, but I burn out quickly on. It feels like the only killer that's not stress inducing for me all the time is Spirit. And that gets really, really boring.

    Im a solo with over 100 hours, but I play duo whenever my friend doesn’t want to kill himself from playing this game 😂 killer can get stressful, I heard, just cause they cue up with a lot of 4 mans and they have to do everything perfectly if they wanna win. Spirit is tough for sure against any 4 man team

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    The only change I want to see is that the DS gets deactivated when another survivor gets downed + hooked after the DS user got unhooked. Make DS an anti-tunnel perk, not a 60-seconds-immunity perk.

    Definitely agree, but it should be deactivated when another survivor is "picked up". It would bring the solution to tunneling DS and the survivors being super close to the killers terror radius just for their DS to go off. I can see when someone is being downed outside the previous persons unhook, then that would make sense of some sorts. I just think if you're really in the killers terror radius, it could easily be abused.

    Why not enforcing the killer to pick someone else up, that's when it goes off?

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/679409#Comment_679409

    Fine as it is? Killers will just sit there and wait out the 60 seconds before they pick you up again. The timer needs to be stopped when a killer is in terror radius so they don’t slug

    Sure. Why don't I stand with my face in a corner and walk away from my computer while I'm at it?

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/680404#Comment_680404

    Sure. Why don't I stand with my face in a corner and walk away from my computer while I'm at it?

    That’s what I have to do when I have to lay there on the floor for 60 seconds


  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/680702#Comment_680702

    That’s what I have to do when I have to lay there on the floor for 60 seconds

    I see that you are trolling. I shall leave you to it. Good Day.

1 2 ›