May I ask something and get an opinion?
Context:
The killer is Legion (Julie Rank 11).
There are 4 Survivors.
Laurie Strode (Rank 6)
Meg Thomas (Rank 10)
Claudette Morel (Rank 13)
& Adam Francis (Rank 14)
3 Generators are done. 2 are Left to do.
Now, Adam, and Laurie have been hooked twice, and Claudette died.
Meg stayed hidden.
So here's the story/question:
Is it considered tunneling if:
Legion was on the opposite side of the map from the unhooked. When legion used Frenzy and got to the hook, Julie saw 2 Survivors the Unhooked Laurie and the Meh healing her. So Julie went after Laurie (The unhooked) and sacrificed her.
Is it considered tunneling? Because I'm pretty sure they had enough time to run away from the hook and heal far away from it. Especially since Julie was on the opposite side of the map.
(Asking this for a discussion. So go ahead and answer/discuss! =P)
Comments
When the killer was on the other side of the map when the unhook took place, I would not consider it tunneling. It's similiar to when you come across the same survivor by accident because this person did not play stealthy.
Btw, there is nothing wrong with tunneling, it's an efficient strategy and survivors can bring perks to protect themselves against it. Also, Legion is the weakest killer in the game, so you can't play as generous as if you were playing Nurse.
I mean. If they don't run away they're technically giving you a free hit so I wouldn't say that's tunnelling.
Tunneling is generally a survivor mistake, not a killer one. I only consider it tunneling if you're friggin crab walking from point A to point B watching for that hooked person to get unhooked and then immediately rush over to sacrifice the unhooked. I have had this happen, with a mori in play generally. It's not fun and it's pretty dickish and personally something needs to be done to prevent it. I don't think Decisive Strike is as good as people say though. Generally you're just slugged and unable to do anything regardless, and even if you're not, it's a one time use.
I always try my best not to tunnel, but if when patrolling I find the guy who just got unhooked I'll down them and let them be for now, one less person to care about
2 gens left & 3 survivors still alive. You made the right choice because you don't know how close those last 2 gens are to being finished.
I'm guessing the Meg hasn't been hooked yet so if you had been nice and chased her instead, she probably could've lead you on for a long chase while the others finished the gens.
You're the Killer... You're the Power Role... Play by your rules, not the Survivors.