Unpopular opinion...

Ruin is the second worst Hex Totem with lullaby being the worst, third seal can be pretty great for slugging, although knock out is better, haunted ground is a pretty fun Hex when it gets triggered, sixty seconds of insta-down can be pretty great and this perk is good for defending other Hex perks.


Thrill of The Hunt can make excellent bait and makes defending totems a lot easier, noed can often guarantee one kill or maybe even two if you’ve done enough hooking earlier in the game and Devour Hope can give you insta-down and the ability to literally take survivors out of the game without hooking them (once you reach five tokens, well, if.)


Just an unpopular opinion of mine.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You forgot about Huntress Lullaby.

    Which, I still think Lullaby is the worst hex totem. Better if it gets built up but... that almost never happens. At least Ruin can work for the first 30 seconds of the game.

    Actually, I did forget that one. I gotta edit this whole post! I forgot the worst Hex. XD

  • I do enjoy Lullaby on Doctor... when I actually get to use it :(

  • Ruin being the second worst Hex is unpopular but lullaby being the worst definitely isn’t. XD

  • @Acesthetiic said:

    I do enjoy Lullaby on Doctor... when I actually get to use it :(

    But don’t you like any Hex when you get to use it? :P

  • @GrootDude said:

    Ruin is the second worst Hex Totem with lullaby being the worst, third seal can be pretty great for slugging, although knock out is better, haunted ground is a pretty fun Hex when it gets triggered, sixty seconds of insta-down can be pretty great and this perk is good for defending other Hex perks.

    Thrill of The Hunt can make excellent bait and makes defending totems a lot easier, noed can often guarantee one kill or maybe even two if you’ve done enough hooking earlier in the game and Devour Hope can give you insta-down and the ability to literally take survivors out of the game without hooking them (once you reach five tokens, well, if.)

    Just an unpopular opinion of mine.

    K mate. Ruin got just ruined by Lullaby. That ruined my day.

  • On PC, Ruin is one of the most used perk in high ranks. And for good reason.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    On PC, Ruin is one of the most used perk in high ranks. And for good reason.

    That's why it's an unpopular opinion lmao. Ruin is needed af to rank up.

  • The only time I use Ruin is if I just prestiged or it's a new killer.

    Actually sometimes I like to play Hex Defense with Hag. I place traps all around my Ruin totem and do nothing but defend that and the nearest 1-2 gens. You'd be surprised by how many survivors make it their mission to get my totem rather than do gens 😅

  • Ruin is so strong, people realise it is active and then go looking for it and cleanse it, usually very quickly. Other Hex perks either go unnoticed or people don't feel too held back by them so they don't bother going out of their way to look for them.

    Being the strongest hex perk is what makes it the weakest hex perk.

  • Hex:Thrill of the Hunt and Hex:Haunted Ground are weak by their own and need at least another Hex combined with them, otherwise their effect will probably never come into play. Ruin is better than both.

    Third Seal effect is completely countered by SWF teams. Ruin is better.

    Devour Hope needs at least 3 hooks to do something and usually it's destroyed before or just right after you reach 3 stacks. It's very rarely to reach 5 stacks, too rarely for it to be better than Ruin.

    NOED is the only Hex perk that might be better than Ruin, but the others aren't.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    On PC, Ruin is one of the most used perk in high ranks. And for good reason.

    I guess you’ll say the same for self-care?

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    On PC, Ruin is one of the most used perk in high ranks. And for good reason.

    Selfcare is one of the most used as well. Still a trash perk.

  • Devour is probably the best, assuming you get stacks. Taking into account the chances of it being cleansed before you get them, though, not so much. In that case, lullaby sees reward after just one stack, and there's no hoop to jump with regards to distance from the hook, etc.


    And as for Ruin, it gets value without the killer having to do anything at all. Even if destroyed after a minute, it bought enough time for a good killer to make a start on building up some map pressure. Even if the survivors are good at skillchecks and hit greats all the time. Because those great skillchecks each would be a 2% boost to generator progress, which really does add up in the grand scheme of things...

  • Devour>Haunted>Seal>Lullaby>Ruin>Thrill>NOED would be my list, in order of fun involved - though, strictly speaking, Ruin/Thrill/NOED are tied for the absence of fun from this killer main.

    NOED is either a clutch victory or 1+ unearned kills, with a vast ocean of nothing in between. It's very rare that I see a skilled player use it, though it does happen. The issue seems to be that introduction to NOED tends to make killer players stagnate, because there's no activation condition dependant on the killer doing anything well. Same for Ruin, really, if I can avoid playing it I do. Tremors + Pop does nicely in its absence to slow the game down.

    Thrill means little to me because my totems don't ever take priority, and when I'm playing survivor I'd rather give the killer those few extra BP.

    Lullaby can be fun when paired up with other things in a build, but it tends to survive about as long as Ruin - an average game says 40-80 seconds, dismissing outliers like survivors spawning next to it or it surviving the whole match.

    Both Haunted and Seal are pretty easily sussed out/countered by SWF, but it's a treat when they work. My Myers/Bubba builds like them both.

    Devour is just fun at every stage, though. I don't really care if I get the 3 or 5 stacks, though it's glorious if I do.