Play as Killer, Survivors are SEAL Team Six. Play as Survivor, other Survivors are Spud Team Six.

Credit for "Spud Team Six" goes to TAG Member.

I can't be the only one who has this experience. Even seen it with high level streamers.

"Hey bud, how do you know you just don't suck?"

Maybe I do. But there are some objective facts. I have played survivor up to red ranks. This game is more about decision making than anything. I admit I am not the best killer. But usually the survivors know how to loop. While the other survivors are doing gens. You know, how the game is supposed to be played.

Playing as survivor gets mixed results. Often teammates are crouching much of the game and not doing anything. Running around making track marks when the killer is clearly nearby. Healing at the hook when the killer is nearby. Unable to loop or even use pallets. Not going for saves or doing gens, even when the killer is clearly occupied. Going for saves right after a survivor is hooked, not even giving the killer a chance to leave. Blowing a gen multiple times and acting surprised when the killer shows up. Spending the game in a locker.

Why does this happen? Clearly good players make SWF teams, everyone else, whether you are new, a potato, a new potato, someone who doesn't like talking with others, gets lumped together. Although understandable, it is annoying as a solo survivor.

Comments

  • You should have gone with Spud Team Six instead of Potato Squad, but that's just me. :P

  • @TAG said:

    You should have gone with Spud Team Six instead of Potato Squad, but that's just me. :P

    Brilliant! Changed it with much deserved credit added.

  • I swear both the SEAL/SPUD dynamic and the chase/hit distance “passenger view mirror syndrome” are so true with me.

    Then the matchmaker plays a cruel trick on me when I have had enough and use Impossible Doc on Saw and get babies/swf just wanting to have fun instead of the usual red and purple ranks against my rank 15 killer.

  • 20190902_232355.jpg

    Survivors I go against

    20190902_232323.jpg

    Survivors I get teamed up with.


    I always get morons on my team as survivor, but seem to constantly get red rank SWF as killer even though I'm in green rank. It's the only reason I started running NOED after almost 2 years of not using it.

  • While I agree this happens.

    Today I was certain the Dwigth I played against was playing for the first time today (but he ended up being the only other player around my rank( r6 currently, he was 7, all the others were 15-17)

    Missing several skillchecks, on gen and jigsaw boxes... I actually gave him a few extra chances of running away and stuff (including one time when I hooked someone on basement and he was there...not really hidden but trying, and I just left)

    He actually died with the trap (still in the basement after unhooking whoever I put there)


    Which makes him the 2 person I ever killed with the jigsaw trap. ✌

  • Play as all Feng Min, and you're "Squeal Team Six!" +Bonus if up against the Pig!

    CUTEST MATCH EVAR!

  • @Mtom912 said:

    Good players make swf, because people don’t solo que because of how terrible some survivors are, so they play with their friends who they know are at least competent at the game, like I stick to killer, and only play survivor with at least one friend, not to bully the killer or anything, just so I can guarantee one decent survivor with me, and I guess with the potatoes, I would assume they get lumped together because most likely, people who aren’t potatoes don’t really want to play with them, so they’re left solo queuing, so when you solo que that’s probably why you get them, this is at rank 1 as well, even there most survivors are potatoes

    This is exactly what I've observed. Good survivors usually join a SWF team sooner or later because (bad) "permanent solo randoms" ruin the game experience due to their lack of competence combined with killers who will typically tunnel good solo survivors off the hook to make sure they get an easy 4k.

  • i am that good survivor that chooses to stay in solo queue.. i do it because i find seal team 6 games boring, not challenging, and not rewarding.

    i'm trying to play a fun game where a crazy killer is trying to kill me, not hide and seek, pretend to be a boulder, rush an objective, & escape with no points.

    this means many times i get potato squads of people that saw some streams and heard that no fun and no points is totally the way to go, but i still get a lot of really fun games with people that aren't all potatoes.

    just my 2 cents.