Map Design

Please for the love of God can we not have 3 jungle jims spawn right next to ea"h other AND the killer shack?

I was on Macmillian as Trapper, my favorite map as him (esp. with tar bottle) and this exact scenario happened. I would trap them all (not literally, but trap a few) and gens would fly. I would pressure gens and everybody would loop that B.S. What's the point of playing killer when things like that, the Autohaven/Ironworks infinites, and the coldwind Barn loops exist? It's not fun to play against and.

And before anyone says it... I am rank 2. I think I have, as you say, gotten good.

Comments

  • Jungle gyms* lololol I'm an idiot

  • Yeah, gotta say the design of Suffocation Pit especially is crippling to most M1 killers. It's a string of about 10 windows with pallets around each, but then the two ends have the decent building, or the shack and a bunch of debris, so they're not exactly dead zones.

    It'd be nice if the map could be reworked a little to randomise the placement a little more so every match isn't "just run to the center and vault 16 windows."

  • Olds maps where not really designed with looping in mind, because it hadn't been discovered and perfected yet. Wich is why they have so many abusable and impossible to mind game loops all over the place.

    Map design is probably the most important factor for the game balance and does not get discussed as much as it should.

  • I think alot of maps need reworking. I'm consistently rank 2 as well. Especially Coldwind farm and Autohaven and Mac. Oh and I think the memorial institute is pretty insane for some M1 killers. I know its alot but it's true

  • The devs did say they want to rework the game's maps. So I hope these maps as well will improve in the future.

  • Thanks for all the positive responses, guys! I gotta say that I expected to see someone complaining.

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    Please for the love of God can we not have 3 jungle jims spawn right next to ea"h other AND the killer shack?

    I was on Macmillian as Trapper, my favorite map as him (esp. with tar bottle) and this exact scenario happened. I would trap them all (not literally, but trap a few) and gens would fly. I would pressure gens and everybody would loop that B.S. What's the point of playing killer when things like that, the Autohaven/Ironworks infinites, and the coldwind Barn loops exist? It's not fun to play against and.

    And before anyone says it... I am rank 2. I think I have, as you say, gotten good.

    Trapper is low tier. Don't expect much playing as Trapper. Just play nurse and you will be good mate

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/84691/map-design

    Trapper is low tier. Don't expect much playing as Trapper. Just play nurse and you will be good mate

    Maybe people don't like playing as nurse, killer preference shouldn't dictate obtainable rank

  • @Frosty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/668664#Comment_668664

    Maybe people don't like playing as nurse, killer preference shouldn't dictate obtainable rank

    That's the problem. If I play Leatherface at rank 1 I have worst chances to win than if I was playing nurse. I FUCCEN HATE NURSE

    Yet I have to play a "powerfull" killer to have chances to win a game against swf at rank 1. Found a compromise, so I play billy

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/84691/map-design

    Trapper is low tier. Don't expect much playing as Trapper. Just play nurse and you will be good mate

    Hit rank 1 playing Trapper. The killer isn't the problem.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/84691/map-design

    Trapper is low tier. Don't expect much playing as Trapper. Just play nurse and you will be good mate

    This is not valid. Stop it.