Question for all you Hag mains

How many traps do you typically put by a hooked survivor? I've noticed some leave without placing any, and others place 3 of them around the hook (which I find pointless and an excuse to camp) but I'm curious how many traps people put down who main her and the logic behind why.

Comments

  • First hooked guy will get 10 Traps. He will not escape!!!11


    Nah, just 1. Thats enough to let them waste some time during the Unhook.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Just 1 - if you put 5 traps and refuse to leave the hook you are playing Hag wrong. You might win but that is boring and you should be more focused on one side of the map by creating web of traps even during chases. Survivors will fall in your traps when running towards the hook so you will just rotate hooks in the process. Hag can be very aggressive that way and survivors will be under tremendous amount of pressure.

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    First hooked guy will get 10 Traps. He will not escape!!!11

    Nah, just 1. Thats enough to let them waste some time during the Unhook.

    Ok, so it wasn't just me that was using logic on that one. I feel like more than one trap on any hook location (except maybe basement, then 2 might be acceptable) is an excuse to spend extra time by the hook. I'm pretty sure one trap in front of the hook covers the area from all sides. Can someone confirm this?

  • 1 around the hook, but it's a very good idea to trap the surrounding area as you would normally. Placing a trap behind the pallet/window that a survivor is very likely to run to after the unhook is a very good idea, and not doing so just because you don't want to be one of the "bad hags that place 20 traps around the hook" is just playing the killer non-optimally. The only instance where you shouldn't place a trap behind said pallet or window is when you already have all of your traps in very good positions. You'll get better at figuring out when and when not to do it with experience.

  • One and maybe no one, depends on my addons.

    But i'm only a Nurse Main no ProLeague Hag Main.

  • Love playing The Hag and for me, it's all about map control. I put traps at places where I know survivors will resort to when in a chase. I don't put them at the hook. I trap surrounding escape points near the hook. Match that with Make your choice and you have a pretty good recipe for success.

  • You should put 1 at least, 3 at most. If it's like basement, hill hook, or a hook inside a jungle gym it's not that big of a deal to set a few traps. But in most cases you set 1 and leave because setting more is a waste of time.

  • Depends on the hook. If there is a narrow pathway, I don’t put any. I trap the pathway instead. If it’s more open area with obstacles around it, I place a random one close by. If it’s just open area, I place 1 trap close and one quite further away in hoping they take that pathway. There are times I don’t trap at all depending on the survivor and area/map.

  • 1 in a very carefully selected spot, where they're likely to come unhook through. It's unwise to put it right below the hook so I block the routes. Sometimes it's two if there's not a single obvious route.

  • It depends on the tile as I need to assume if it goes off I'll be chasing the unhooker

  • How many traps do you typically put by a hooked survivor?

    Yes