Will dedicated servers fix matchmaking?

I hope it does because I'm ######### tired of getting paired up with low rank players who have the IQ of rock on a rope. Seriously, why is this? As rank 10 killer I'm constantly getting red rank SWF. But as rank 10 solo survivor I get rank 16 survivors who can't hit skill checks. I keep dying because they screw up the skill checks butbthe killer goes after me.

Comments

  • I hope it will... not that I mind an easy game here or there but it's been pretty ridiculous.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Get better at stealth then? Pop your Urban on and give it a try?

    Or I can be paired with more competent survivors and not feel as though I'm carrying the entire team.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Get better at stealth then? Pop your Urban on and give it a try?

    You gotta be kidding right now.. Are you serious or kidding? Please tell me you are joking.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/661939#Comment_661939

    You gotta be kidding right now.. Are you serious or kidding? Please tell me you are joking.

    Apparently if I play more stealthily I'll just stop getting trash teammates. Even though it hasn't seemed to work so far.

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/661939#Comment_661939

    You gotta be kidding right now.. Are you serious or kidding? Please tell me you are joking.

    Just let him continue thinking being immersed is good, lmao.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/661975#Comment_661975

    Leave the gen before you hear the terror radius, get your 2 good unhooks, and do gens. There's only so much you can do to help out vastly mismatched lobbies.

    1) I run spine chill, so even if I hear the terror radius I won't run unless the perk is lit up. No need to, they're probably in a chase. But if my teammate misses a skillcheck and the perk lights up, I'm only getting caught because of their mistake.

    2) can't get safe unhooks when my teammates are morons. They're overly altruistic and only succeed in getting each other downed with 4-5 gens left. Forcing me to become the gen jockey.

  • @Jplanas98 said:

    I hope it does because I'm ######### tired of getting paired up with low rank players who have the IQ of rock on a rope. Seriously, why is this? As rank 10 killer I'm constantly getting red rank SWF. But as rank 10 solo survivor I get rank 16 survivors who can't hit skill checks. I keep dying because they screw up the skill checks butbthe killer goes after me.

    That's exactly my experience. They don't even know where all the totem spots are but still running around the map for 10 min searching for Ruin. As killer you always get tryhard SWF sweaties who eat all gens in 3 min.

  • @megdonalds said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/84478/will-dedicated-servers-fix-matchmaking

    That's exactly my experience. They don't even know where all the totem spots are but still running around the map for 10 min searching for Ruin. As killer you always get tryhard SWF sweaties who eat all gens in 3 min.

    Just had a match where my teammates were ranks 14-16 against a rank 15 trapper. My teammates stepped in EVERY. SINGLE. TRAP. And they weren't even hidden, they were in the most obvious spots. Then when it was just 2 of us left, I ran the trapper around for about 3 minutes and my teammate somehow managed to get caught in a trap. Oh yeah, I also single handedly did the only 2 gens that were completed, and 2 of them killed themselves on 2nd hook while I was 10m away from them.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/661983#Comment_661983

     I run spine chill, so even if I hear the terror radius I won't run unless the perk is lit up. No need to, they're probably in a chase. (So why are you still getting caught while the worse survivor isn't?)

    But if my teammate misses a skillcheck and the perk lights up, I'm only getting caught because of their mistake.(and because you got cocky with spine chill and assumed you didn't have to disappear from LOS, allowing the killer opportunity and the lesser survivor to escape)

    2) can't get safe unhooks when my teammates are morons. They're overly altruistic and only succeed in getting each other downed with 4-5 gens left. Forcing me to become the gen jockey (this I agree with, they need to do a better job advertising how damaging unsafe hooks are.)

    I got caught because the killer decided to go after me instead of the other survivor. Don't get why that's so hard for you to understand. If you see to survivors as killer you can only go after one of them.

    And theres no need to disappear from the killers LOS when I was never in their LOS in the first place. I'm doing a gen behind a wall where the Killer can't see us. Only reason he spotted us was because of the skill check. Spine chill didn't light up until after the skill check was failed.

  • Black pip since I didn't get chased until the end of the match. I won 1 chase, got 1 stun. Then the second chase I got downed and one hooked. And doing gens wasn't enough for a pip, but it was the reason I black popped. And I managed to get 1 unhook.

    So I had 1 Gold, 3 Silvers. Was just a bit off of pipping.

  • Im usually end up looping the killer for the 2/3 gens, getting caught, hookfarmed and running the killer for the rest of the match… unless its a nurse… you can't loop the nurse...

  • The matchmaking algorithm is broken, but I don't think it has anything to do with the peer-to-peer connection. And since the devs haven't mentioned anything about adjusting matchmaking in the near future as far as I'm aware, I think the logical answer is no, unfortunately servers won't do anything for matchmaking.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/662016#Comment_662016

    Because I agree with you on the matchmaking, but you got so tilted at being chased by the killer that you decided to add it to your post.

    And so while you can't do anything about the matchmaking right now, you CAN do something about how often the killer finds you when paired with these "low rank players who have the IQ of rock on a rope. " Unless you're one of those people who you can't tell anything, because they know it all. Then I guess you're just going to be paired with people who might think the same of you.

    Again, the only person focusing on the getting chased subject is you. It's annoying that it happens, but that's nitnthe main focus. Yet that's then only thing you seem to care about.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/662032#Comment_662032

    Because it was important enough for you to include it in your little matchmaking tirade, and you further engaged with me when I brought it up, getting defensive. So I gave you tips to help you. Use them, ignore them, I don't care.

    But yes, the matchmaking is weird right now, that I agree with you on.

    "Or I can be paired with more competent survivors and not feel as though I'm carrying the entire team."

    That's what I said. That's not me being defensive, that's me saying the matchmaking is terrible. Then you told me to play more stealthily, and I gave an example of me playing stealthily with terrible teammates, and then you start asking why I didn't pip. Playing immersed in this game is already garbage, you don't get much for playing that way. That's why most players try to get chased and are overly altruistic. It definitely isn't a viable way to play if your teammates are terrible.