Survivors behavior when one DCs?
so.. playing the killer and being new to the game, i cant help but notice a pattern when someone DCs or was AFK from the start of the game.
the rest of the 3 survivors simply let themselves get killed by me and hung up to die.
now im still new and all so i take this chance to rake up some more points and learn the mechanics of the game. but i dont understand why they do it though. i mean my very first match as a survivor had one DC too but i still played the game. in fact my entire team played on at that time, surprisingly.
are survivors not aware of the fact that you can win with 3 people? you dont have to get yourself killed, and even then you still get points and all that.
i sure dont hope my mates decide to kill themselves when i team up with them, because one guy leaves the match. and if they do i hope the entity takes them in real life.
Comments
3vs1 is still fine. Survivors are strong enough to still win such a game
2vs1 is when you can give up though
I had a game yesterday where one Survivor (obsession) DC'd as soon as he went down. I killed another one, and a third DC'd when he went down as well. I gave the fourth one the hatch, but he never gave up. Hell, I've had Survivors try to wiggle free with 4 generators left.
I guess it varies from Survivor to Survivor.
come time for birthday boy to open his presents and suddenly little baby Jr son of a ######### has to go and throw a fit because he didnt get anything...
Trying to explain "its not your birthday" is pointless.
Nevermind he was invited and got his goodie bag just for showing up, its not good enough unless the entire thing is centered around him. If it isn't all about him, he will ruin it for everyone.
3v1 games seem to happen rather often lately. People underestimate the impact of having only 3 Survivors left can have, it makes the game considerably more difficult to win as Survivor as there is one fewer Survivor who can occupy the Killer, go for rescues or repair Generators, especially when it's an early DC so that it's basically 5 Gens on 3 Survivors.
Seen as how frequent these games happen, some Survivors are just tired of the added challenge and instead prefer to just give up and move on. I understand them.
The worst is when you have dc's before the game loads and you spawn 2/3 survivors and still 5 generators.
If someone DC's early in my game as survivor I just focus on getting hatch. If the other survivors are good we can get to the gates, but I will get super selfish in those games because I have to.
If someone DC's early in my game as killer I usually go easy on the others. Sometimes they still put up a good game. Depending on the situation I might just give up my Ruin if someone DC's.
I tend to still try my best in these situations but sometimes if I just want to play a full game I will simply give myself up. I'd rather give the killer his/her points and move on then play a match I'm not going to enjoy. I'm saying this as someone who plays 99% solo. A match with two random people is either funny or frustrating.
As a killer in this situation if 2 people DC very early in I'll farm points with the last 2. Its just something I personally do because the two people who DCed ruined everyones match. May aswell all get some BP and enjoy some positive fun.
When one dc I don't care, but if two dc I'm just going to look for the killer and let him hook me and suicide on hook or if he doesn't want to farm with him.
No point in playing the game normaly better to go find another game or farm with the killer at that point