Unpopular opinion. Perks like diversion, poised, stake out should have infinite tokens/extended time
I know it sounds strong in theory. but being able to stack up pebbles/theoretically infinite tokens/a lot of no scratch marks time but otherwise any extended time doing said action to activate the perk just results in a net loss. ie if 3 gens are done at once then poised only effectively gets 10s rather then 30s, if you stay in the killers terror radius longer then you would normally you'll only ever have one pebble, or 4 stacks of stake out. i think these limitations should be removed.
Same with perks like dark sense even, afaik the time isin't extended, but is simply reset. basically what im asking is for the same but reverse of the treatment we got with status effects being extended to their full time/past their full time if its inflicted again.
Comments
Without reading, I am gonna say fully auto pebble
I'm not sure how Poised fits into that. It just activates whenever a generator is active, it's not a token based system.
Diversion, I'd be against though. Controversial opinion, but the less it's used, the better. If I start seeing random loud noises all over, I'm going to catch on right away.
Pebbles aren't even strong, they are fun and I love the perk, don't get me wrong, but it's not worth limiting.
At the same time, the more it's used, the more fast actions may be dismissed by the killer as a "pebble". Works both ways after all.
And by poised and dark sense I meant perk limitations overall, that's my unpopular opinion in that some things should just stack
I would agree if you managed to land a pebble right on a generator, but if I see a pebble out in the middle of nowhere, there's a pretty good chance I'll be able to tell that it's a pebble. It's not often you'll see someone miss a healing skill check in the middle of the map outside of rank 15. If they do, that's a hell of a ballsy play and it worked out for them. Good on 'em.
I was actually thinking more about throwing it at loops, things such as t-walls out of the killers view, or after a gen has been done to make the killer believe your traveling in one direction whilst you really go in the other. may not work on every killer, but simply having the opportunity more often could make it more useful (thats just my opinion though)
that being said i've always wished for some kind of "arc" or way to tell where your pebble will land, would make it a lot more tactical
I have to disagree. Stake out Tokens are collected quite quick, if you don't go against a stealth killer. And it Tier III four Token is large enough to make a difference, but also inventives you to actually make a use out of them. If player could stack it indefinitively players would start to only do that "saving" it for later without actually making a use out of it.
Diversion on the other hand could see some tweaks to have more use. But I would rather get rid of the "terror radius" condition and give it a Quick and Quiet like cooldown, than something you can stack. It's a niche perk currently and is only usefull in a controlled environment. Something you use tactical and not spam.
Great concept, but would need adjustments for sure.
I'd rather have some way to restore tokens, especially on Distortion. Not sure what action would make sense to attach to it though. It's still pretty handy, and if the killer has Nurses Calling it's basically Poised on demand if you have a medkit/self-care which I absolutely love. It's so incredibly gimmicky that no one expects it, and unless they quickly swap over to tracking you with blood you're gone ๐
And Diversion could use a shorter "charge" time, even bringing it down to 30 seconds would be a nice quality of life change. Either that or just put it on a cooldown as it's a fun perk encouraging trickery and actually avoiding detection/breaking a chase.
Would it be a good idea to throw a pebble while an injured player that is not in a chase near the corner of the map?
Also is pebble gonna get some love?
Distortion infinite use? Heck yeah! =D
Infinite Distortion tokens please. ;D
(For real though, I do think it needs more than 3.)
I feel like it should too. They can get used up way too easily. I also find it stupid that you still lose one to BBQ even when you are in a locker. If they were to remove that, I feel it would be a lot better.
Wait, what? Does this happen? I swear you don't lose Distortion tokens to BBQ while in a locker. Is this not true?
You definitely don't lose distortion in locker.
That was like 6 months ago, though. I don't know if they changed it since then, I haven't used distortion in that long (trash perk).
Distortion just needs a way of restoring tokens : keep the max at 3 and start with 3 so its useful out the gate, but maybe every totem done one can get an extra token.
It did the last time I played with it. That was a month or two ago though.
I personally disagree. I do think the perks Dversion and Stake Out could use some buffs, but I don't think there should be unlimited tokens you can get. Stake Out in particular is one the devs have to be careful about. Personally, I don't think gen speed is a problem, but anything that increases the gen repair speed needs to be handled carefully.
It should take less time though in order to get a token with Stake Out, and to be able to use Diversion.