In game coms?
We have pretty much said that coms give advantages to swf and solos suffer. Why not just get a built in com system that all players connect to when grouped together in a lobby? No need for discord or 3rd party software.
We have pretty much said that coms give advantages to swf and solos suffer. Why not just get a built in com system that all players connect to when grouped together in a lobby? No need for discord or 3rd party software.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
This gives me a purpose to let the sounds of hell play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAUK9hVgmNIThis to be exact
๐คฃ ๐
If they implemented in-game voice comms I would instantly mute everyone else, I like that aspect of solo of just doing my own think without having to hear abuse, background music etc.
its one of the reasons I chose DBD over Friday the 13th
Yeah i mean you dont have to use it but its there for those of us whom are antisocial and bad at making friends.
Survivor logic: we want the game to be balanced around solo play, but we want the ability to have group play.
Thats also the devs view on it for some reason.
A few reasons
It would ruin the immersion for solo players who bought the game for what it is.
The community is highly toxic and it wouldn't end well. Think about the end game chat but instead Its constantly someone screaming down a Mic.
Having to mute won't help if they balanced it around comms.
Not all regions speak the same language Asia and Europe are two examples.
I dont see the big deal with voice comms. Yes, you will come across annoying/rude people but an individual mute option could remove the one potential spode and allow the other 3 to carry on. Then you could even make it sonthe killer hears survs when in a certain proximity. ๐
And you think that being antisocial helps with talking with random people? Not really.
I am totally against this. I would not use that. First of all, not everyone can speak English ina way that he can actually be part in a conversation. Second, I do not want to talk to random people online, especially, when we consider how bad and toxic some parts of this community are. Nope, I prefer not to get myself shouted at by some (insert Country here) guy, neither in English, nor in his native language.
And I am pretty sure that I am not the only one. So those people should be screwed then?
The anti social thing was a joke. Also, when dedicated servers go up we should be paured with people in our same region more often then not i would think. Mute is always an option. Just saying the times ut would benefit would be out weighed by the times it would hinder.