Thoughts on the new perks

Please note, this is all my personal opinion on perks I haven’t played with yet. So I’m likely going to miss something. Yes, I did look at inner strength a lot to see what it combo’s with, and I still don’t feel it’s OP.


Also, I (for both killer and survivor perks) prefer stronger, rather than weaker perks. The meta has stayed stagnant for two years, that’s kinda ridiculous. Due to this you’ll likely notice how I feel none of these perks are strong enough, that is due to them not even rivaling current competitors. For example, babysitter is just poor mans borrowed time.



DEMOGORGON:



Surge

This perk is decent. It’s harder to rate this, as we don’t know if it combo’s with surveillance and overcharge. We also don’t know if it effects already kicked generators. If it doesn’t, then I’d say this perk is bad. Additionally, I feel the cooldown should only be per survivor, rather than the whole team. You should be rewarded for kicking butt.


My version of Surge.

“Downing a survivor with a basic attack causes all generators in a 32m radius to explode into regression, inflicting other gen regression perks if they apply, and doing an instant 12% damage.

Surge can only be triggered on a survivor every 80 seconds. Each survivor has their own, SEPARATE cooldown.”



Cruel confinement

This perk is bad. It only activates 5 times. You may not be at the generator, you could be in a different chase, etc etc. There’s too many ways this perk doesn’t work. This perk could also give haste to a killer when a gen is completed, and it’d be good to either do one of two thing regarding the blocking. Either 1. Include pallets, or 2. Increase the range by more than a little.


My version of Cruel Confinement.

“Every time a gen is completed, the killer becomes 5% faster, and vaults within 48 meters of the gen are blocked for 40 seconds. 

You can see the blocked vaults aura.”


Mind Breaker

This perk is eh. It’s good with certain builds as is, but could use buffs. It’s just... not that useful. It barely stops sprint burst panic, as they only need to last 3 seconds. It doesn’t keep exhaustion in the next chase due to the 50% limit.


My version of Mind Breaker.

“While repairing generators with less than 80% completion, (@Tinkerer) survivors are inflicted with exhaustion. If they already have exhaustion, it’s paused. The effect persists for 7 seconds after conditions are no longer met.”



STEVE:



Babysitter

This perk is bad. Borrowed Time is what it wishes it was. It’s only upside is no terror radius restriction. ITS ONLY USE, is against a camping stealth killer, NOT A SINGLE other situation is it better than Borrowed Time. The stealth is too short, and either the killer is so close it doesn’t matter, or far enough away that it doesn’t matter. Then the perk also reveals the unhooker, but a trade just simply isn’t warranted.


My version of Babysitter.

“When you unhook a survivor, the survivor leaves no scratch marks, blood, OR BREATHING, AND CAN NOT BE DETECTED BY AURA for the next 16 seconds. Both players see the killers aura for 4 seconds.”


Camaraderie

This perk is bad, but hard to judge. It could trigger for all four players, or just one. Either way its effect was probably not the wisest choice of a perk. Buffing it could lead to crazy crap, and leaving it now would make it a bad perk.


My version of Camaraderie.

“When on the hook at all, the perk activates. When the perk is active, if a survivor comes within 24m of the hook, the timer is paused for 14 seconds. The killers HUD shows it still decreasing. NOTE: this perk can  activate again during struggle even if it was used before struggle.”

I’m not to sure about this. Seems something up a nasty SWF’s alley.


Second Wind.

This perk is actually fine. My only change IF IT NEEDS BUFF would be it can activate again if you manage to heal again. You can not hold 2 tokens though. You’d have to heal a teammate, get hooked, then heal another teammate for another token, thus allowing another heal. However you CAN NOT heal teammates twice, then get hooked twice and heal yourself both times. 

If what I’m saying is confusing, just ask me for clarification.



NANCY:


Better Together

Bad. Kindred is better, Bond is better.


My version of Better Together.

“When working on a gen alone, your aura is revealed to survivors within 64m. If you’re working with a teammate, this is boosted to the ENTIRE MAP. If you are repairing a gen alone when the killer downs a survivor, EVERY survivor sees EVERY survivor’s aura for 10 seconds. If working with a teammate, 20 seconds.

NOTE: 3 or 4 teammates on the same gen doesn’t do anything extra.”


Fixated

Just make it work while injured too. That’s it.


Inner Strength

The perk is good. Leave it for now. It’ll need testing in game to see how good it is.

IF IT NEEDS A BUFF, all I’d do it let it hold 2 tokens. But I doubt it needs a buff.

Comments

  • I'd probably just not bother suggest buffs before we've actually seen the perks in action..

    Besides, some of your buff suggestions are out of this world. Like, 5% additional movement speed for each generator on Cruel Confinement? Waaaaay too much.

  • @se05239 said:

    I'd probably just not bother suggest buffs before we've actually seen the perks in action..

    Besides, some of your buff suggestions are out of this world. Like, 5% additional movement speed for each generator on Cruel Confinement? Waaaaay too much.

    its a 5% boost for 35 seconds. Doesn’t stack. But I understand

  • @Jack11803 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/654257#Comment_654257

    its a 5% boost for 35 seconds. Doesn’t stack. But I understand

    5% MS is a big deal for something guaranteed.

    In any case the perks are mostly great and these buffs are a bit hasty for most of them.

    Also Mindbreaker doesn't work like that. It inflicts exhaustion which doesn't recover while running, so they'd need to be standing still for those 3 seconds for it to count.

    Think an exhaustion addon that triggers when they touch a gen but the time is 3 seconds instead of like 15 or something.

  • I’ll be using Make Your Choice when this chapter releases to down all the Steves running that babysitter perk lol

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/655027#Comment_655027

    5% MS is a big deal for something guaranteed.

    In any case the perks are mostly great and these buffs are a bit hasty for most of them.

    Also Mindbreaker doesn't work like that. It inflicts exhaustion which doesn't recover while running, so they'd need to be standing still for those 3 seconds for it to count.

    Think an exhaustion addon that triggers when they touch a gen but the time is 3 seconds instead of like 15 or something.

    Thanks! Knew I missed something.

  • Interesting ideas here, I’m gonna wait to try them out... but I do have to agree that Babysitter is kind of a meh perk and unbalanced because the person who gets unhooked should also be able to see the killer’s aura.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Interesting ideas here, I’m gonna wait to try them out... but I do have to agree that Babysitter is kind of a meh perk and unbalanced because the person who gets unhooked should also be able to see the killer’s aura.

    The unhooked person can see Killer's aura with Breakdown.