Great skillchecks - why does the meter regress?

So whenever you do a co-op action and someone hits a great skillcheck, the progressions meters jumps forward and then back again. Is this because of latency? Do you lose any of the progress gained?

Comments

  • I've noticed this too, it's weird. It'll jump back down a little bit after hitting one.

  • Anyone got an answer for this?

  • i feel like it's very likely something related to latency because i've almost never had times where the bar regresses when hitting a great skillcheck

  • @Regularguy2nd it doesn’t happen when you hit a skillcheck but when someone else does.

  • that's what makes it seem like a latency issue even more, because it might be that you have very poor connection to either that person or they have very poor connection to the killer. i never really encounter this because i dodge lobbies with ping any higher than 150 or so

  • @Regularguy2nd My internet connection is top notch, so that’s not the problem ;) It’s very consistent as well, so I doubt it has to do with ping (in that sense). But it could very well be some kind of visual adjustment to account for the latency.

  • I've noticed the exact same thing, and I do not believe it results from latency. From what it does result, I do not know.

  • yeah i already said that it's probably the other survivors connection is probably what's causing it not your's

  • @Regularguy2nd Are you responding to me?

    Don’t take this the wrong way: why are you so sure you’ve got the answer here? Speculations are just speculations.

    I’m interested in two things basically: (1) is it intended design, and (2) does it mess with the progress i.e. which progress meter is the dominant one?

  • @kamisen said:

    @Regularguy2nd Are you responding to me?

    Don’t take this the wrong way: why are you so sure you’ve got the answer here? Speculations are just speculations.

    I’m interested in two things basically: (1) is it intended design, and (2) does it mess with the progress i.e. which progress meter is the dominant one?

    Agreed. Speculations are just speculations.

  • @Kind_Lemon said:

    I've noticed the exact same thing, and I do not believe it results from latency. From what it does result, I do not know.

    Same here.