Is Slugging Survivors To Give Them A Second Chance Nice?
So I like to make my lobbies pretty fun for everyone involved. I never run Hex perks aside from Haunted, I never tunnel and let survivors that have just been unhooked go, unless they run into me or I can slug them for benefit
One thing I like to do if I feel a survivor(s) has had a bad game is I'll slug em and leave them to be revived even if they are on death hook because I know the frustration of being farmed and just making really bad plays. However I've noted that a lot of people don't seem to take it that way
Question to survivors is do you prefer that or just death hook? Because I've had people that really appreciated the second chance because not only does it give us both a chance to get more BP but the game isn't brutally over that point
Others hated it
Comments
I do the same, in many games when I see I am winning I try to double hook and let them go.
When I slug them not to kill them, some appreciate, some are annoyed. But that's survivors for you, whatever you do its annoying, for some even farming...
For my experience, most survivors will always blame the killer for tunneling instead of their teammates when they get badly unhooked and the killer focus on them. It doesn't matter if you slug or hook them, they are salty and will pay that with you.
It varies from person to person. If someone gets unhooked right infront of me, I'll always try to slug them to help slow the game down while I chase after their unhooker. In some games though, I'll purposefully keep from hooking ppl 3 times just so everyone can get a good amount of BPs. During the anniversary event with the special cake offers, I had a game with 4 cakes. The survivors in that game spent SO much time slugged, I had to take it upon myself to pick them up so they wouldnt bleed out, lol. In that particular game, the 3 survivors who lived were very thankful (accidentally killed 1 guy who was PISSED).
How nice I am as a killer largely depends on the state of the game. If I have a player on their final hook and no generators have been done then I might give them a chance. But if 3 generators have been done then that sucker's dead!
If I have had a REALLY bad time, found first and then unhooked but somehow unfortunately found again before I've even healed or done a Gen, that slug instead of a hook is nice. I don't expect it but I appreciate it, playing Killer is hard, anyone who plays Killer and says it is easy is lying or only plays at low ranks OR has ungodly good luck with ######### players, and because it is hard I understand that slugging is not always a good option when you can hook me.
I slug when a player looks like they haven't had a chance to actually play the game or if I want to increase pressure. If I am playing my favorite Freddy build I slug because it hurts the entire team, I have yet to go against a Freddy using my technique so I can only imagine how it must be feel that sweet misery of a slow death.
Yeah it's variable. I leave them on second hook because some are really trying (or new). A lot appreciate it. Some send you hate mail because you're "a lousy killer." Clearly I could have won, but chose to grant you a bonus. Why send hate? If it irritates them it should be their teammates who don't rush over right away for the revive.
There's also a struggle at the hatch (in the old days) when you were just trying to show them where it is. They won't follow, and when you try to carry them over they keep wriggling free. But that's another problem.
It hurts my heart to know there are killers like you who care about survivors having second chances, not getting frustrated, have.....fun?
Why do you do that? Have fun yourself and the survivors will have fun with the stressfull "I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE THIS GUY IS GOING TO KILL MEEEEE" experience.
Yeah if someone is dumb enough to unhook in from of me I will down the injured survivor but not re-hook them, instead I focus the unhooker and won't bother going back for the person on the ground.