HEX: Ruin is boring and annoying
Repairing generators is one of the most boring actions in the Game, you have to sit for ~75 seconds in one place, hit monotonous skill checks. And Ruin makes it worse:
- It steals my BloodPoints! Without Ruin you spent ~75 seconds for 1250 BP, with Ruin you spent 90-100 seconds for the same 1250 BP. Also you lose all BP for good skill checks, is it fair?
- Its potential to stay for the whole time may make Survivors feel helpless too much, bcs there are no ways to find totems, only small game and maps, but maps are too rare, small game is meh.
- Unlike all other Hex perks, Ruin applies hid considerable debaff from the very beginning. The bonus time the Killer can use to camp/tunnel a survivor, bcs he doesn't need to apply pressure. It is a main reason why I hate ruin so much, Tunneling Nurses, Spirits, Hags, etc, you know it? Yes, you do.
I know, Ruin is one of the best ways to prevent nasty gen rush, especially in red ranks. But it is a dirty perk, by using this Perk you may make gameplay for survivors very boring and frustrating. Also, you can be gen rushed bcs you did't apply pressure. I play without Ruin and I cannot say that survivors rush gens vs me often, unless I play Clown, he is poor. And also you can punish survivors with NOED if they were totally focused on gens :)
Probably, Ruin should grow in power simular to Huntress Lullaby:
- For each hook action recieve a token, uo to a maximum of 4 tokens
- When survivors hit a good skill check, repair progress of a generator is instantly reduced by 1/1.5/2 % for each token
- No generator progression or regression for hitting a great skill check succes zone
- At 4 tokens, is a Survivor fails a repair skill check, he becomes injured if not already injured
Comments
Until survivors get more objectives ruin is one of the best and almost necessary ways to slow the game down. Yeah I get it, doing gens is boring as hell, but it doesn’t look like survivor objective is changing any time soon.
Edit: I do want to add too that ruin has made me a pro at hitting skillchecks. It becomes less of a hassle the longer you play.
So you want the Killer to have to hook two people before the totem breaks so they can have the same effectiveness as the current Ruin?
Ok, so how do you think killers (especially those without good map pressure like GF or Clown) are supposed to counter genrush without ruin?
Play in green ranks. Seriously though, no Ruin = carte blanche for survivors to safe drop pallet after pallet because the gens will be done before the lack of resources can possibly be felt or cause any damage.
"Play in green ranks" great, thanks for useful advise, too bad I`m rank 1 killer, who rarely plays "TOP 3" killers because they are extremely boring.