What are you doing with LORE devs?

LoL what? Monster ???

Devs. It's KILLERS game !

NOT MONSTERS ! What are you doing with LORE?

Are you making WHITE NOISE game from Dead by Daylight game ? Shame on you...

Comments

  • Monsters can be killers too. Natural born killers, even.

    What demogorgon means is that the Werewolf killer is coming more of a reality.

  • @Mad_Sochi said:

    LoL what? Monster ???

    Devs. It's KILLERS game !

    NOT MONSTERS ! What are you doing with LORE?

    Are you making WHITE NOISE game from Dead by Daylight game ? Shame on you...

    The Entity doesn't care. It wants a being that will kill for it. The Demogorgon is a good example of a very obedient "dog" that will "protect" you.

  • White Noise was a pretty good game, too. Lot more variance than DbD inherent to the game.

    They've never said there'd be no monsters, and never said it would be only humans: what they've said repeatedly is that the system can only handle humanoid things. The elephant cosmetic coming for Clown and Demogorgon are still humanoid.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I actually really don't like the Demogorgon. It's going to completely ruin my immersion in game. It just doesn't fit with the feel of Dead by Daylight. I'm going to take a hiatus from Dead by Daylight until the hype dies down so I don't have to play against it.

    How does it not "fit", just curious

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/642908#Comment_642908

    I know a lot of people won't agree with me but I don't like the idea of it not being human.

    I just think the design is ridiculous and not at all scary. The other killers are at least somewhat unnerving because they are human in appearance. Their threat feels more real if you get what I mean. When I look at The Demogorgon it just looks ridiculous and contrived. I don't feel at all threatened or unnerved by it. The whole flower-esque head and monstrous body stand out to me in Dead by Daylight, I don't feel scared by what obviously isn't real. Whereas other killers, (like The Trapper for example) have the physique of real people. Their characters have so much more depth:

    • They were visibly people once who were forced into The Entity's realm
    • They stand out compared to The Entity as evidently human, showing that they don't fully belong in The Entity's twisted world
    • They are more menacing as their design is more realistic

    Yeah, sorry, couldn't disagree any harder, plus when it comes to the human characters, at least original characters, they always twist and mangle them in some shape or form. That being said, even though I completely disagree with your opinion, I can still respect it and say thanks for the explanation.

  • Not to mention all the licensed killers are horror icons. You know, classics. Stranger things doesn't really deserve to stand in the same arena as Freddy Krueger, Leatherface, Michael Myers, Ghostface and Jigsaw (well Amanda but you get the point) in my opinion.

  • They turn back on a lot of their words, but it's been said the Devs never said they wouldn't introduce monsters.

    They just wouldn't do non-humanoids, and the Demogorgon is humanoid.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/642908#Comment_642908

    I know a lot of people won't agree with me but I don't like the idea of it not being human.

    I just think the design is ridiculous and not at all scary. The other killers are at least somewhat unnerving because they are human in appearance. Their threat feels more real if you get what I mean. When I look at The Demogorgon it just looks ridiculous and contrived. I don't feel at all threatened or unnerved by it. The whole flower-esque head and monstrous body stand out to me in Dead by Daylight, I don't feel scared by what obviously isn't real. Whereas other killers, (like The Trapper for example) have the physique of real people. Their characters have so much more depth:

    • They were visibly people once who were forced into The Entity's realm
    • They stand out compared to The Entity as evidently human, showing that they don't fully belong in The Entity's twisted world
    • They are more menacing as their design is more realistic

    I disagree highly with the 'design is ridiculous and not at all scary'.When i saw the trailer i didn't think much of it, but when i saw the dlc screenshots on steam it disturbed me.It's posture and the way it has its hands down and the closed up head.Imo it will be by far the creepiest looking killer, well for now.

  • For me, it can be pretty scary considering how big it is and when he jumps at you with his power.

    But even if you don't like it it's only 1 killer out of 17 (and more on the way), you won't play against it on every game.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/642908#Comment_642908

    I know a lot of people won't agree with me but I don't like the idea of it not being human.

    I just think the design is ridiculous and not at all scary. The other killers are at least somewhat unnerving because they are human in appearance. Their threat feels more real if you get what I mean. When I look at The Demogorgon it just looks ridiculous and contrived. I don't feel at all threatened or unnerved by it. The whole flower-esque head and monstrous body stand out to me in Dead by Daylight, I don't feel scared by what obviously isn't real. Whereas other killers, (like The Trapper for example) have the physique of real people. Their characters have so much more depth:

    • They were visibly people once who were forced into The Entity's realm
    • They stand out compared to The Entity as evidently human, showing that they don't fully belong in The Entity's twisted world
    • They are more menacing as their design is more realistic

    I think I’m the complete opposite to what you said. To me something that looks human to me posses no threat. Not scary. Honestly most of them looks like super powered deformed zombies or even a couple who is just regular human beings with a costume. Not scary at all. Now something with claws and something that has a plant like face with nothing but teeth inside sounds terrifying. It’s unknown and unnatural for anything to look like that. Now I respect your views but people like me has been waiting for a creature to hit the game since release. Plus the human killers are still there everyone gets what they want