Should the devs add the Teacher?
For those of you who don't know, the Teacher was a Killer that was speculated to be added into the game back when the Trapper, Billy, and the Wraith were the only playable Killers. There were even files and such detailing certain attributes of theirs: their special power (Detention), an item related to them (Trapple), and a signature Perk (Underperform). However, these never came to light. Some believe these things were a ruse intentionally implemented by the devs to trick players into thinking the Teacher was the new Killer when it reality it was going to be the Nurse.
Do you think that BHVR should unscrap that project? I'm always down to see a new Killer, and when they add the next one once the Clown hype has died down, I think it should be the Teacher.
Comments
I would say yes, and while I don't data mine, I speculate unique perks that affect Survivor Performance. For instance the Poor Performance Perk would prevent a generator from progressing after a failed skill check until another is passed. Or maybe Detention Showing the survivors aura for a few seconds on a failed skill check.
If they didn't add it, there's a good reason for it.
I don't want them to work on it until they solve whatever it was that made them hold back that idea, it'd just be a mess, and yes, more of a mess than the game by itself. ;P
Neither does "The Hillbilly".
Say what you want, "hillbilly" is a doofy word and always will be.
Sorry man, but when I hear the word “hillbilly” I don’t think of these “scary” guys. I think of people like Ernest P. Worroll and Eustace Bagge.
I feel like you are lying, i need proof of this 'teacher'
Go to Steam\steamapps\common\Dead by Daylight\DeadByDaylight\Content\UI\Icons\Powers
You'll find the Teacher's Power there.
Nevermind nevermind, i already looked it up myself. It sounded like you were trying to bs with your original killer. Sorry.
Chances are that Teacher was reworked into the Nurse. Underperform sounds like Thanatophobia. It's common in game dev to 'recycle' aspects of one character into a new concept.
And who’s to say teachers can’t give spooks? They damn well can.
This killer as a lot of potential. Imagine a teacher who torture her students beyond madness. This was and still is a actually thing happening in certain school. Her perk could actually encourage player of not ######### up. Increasing considerably the punishment of ######### up. For exemple, one of her perks could expose a survivor who missed a skill check and if he only does a good one, they suffer a status effect (maybe exhaustion). See one can make a great masochist killer, that love making pain. This is truly something scary. People are afraid of failing which fits perfectly whit this killer.
from my point she could be a really killer to play as and a terrifying one to play against.