A No Mither Fix Idea
Here's how I'd fix No Mither: Keep in mind; all numbers can be changed. Numbers are for example only! Do not base the idea around the numbers!
1) The 'can't be healed' icon can only be seen by Survivors.
2) The Survivors 'Injured' icon in the lower left looks HEALTHY until they are hit once. Of course, it goes into Dying, as is proper, and reflects Injured/Dying as per normal afterwards.
3) (This is the big one) Every 5/4/3 seconds, you fill 1% on the 'Recover' Bar, up to a maximum of 20% of the bar. This resets each time you're taken out of the Dying state. (IE: You need to let it passively fill up AGAIN each time. it's NOT a blanket fill for the match)
My Reasons as to 'Why?':
1 & 2 are kind of obvious: To prevent a Killer from tunneling a No Mither Survivor, without denying the Survivors valuable intel about their teammate.
3 is a new addon: With Current No Mither; You're giving up a Health State for almost nothing. That's AT LEAST 3 extra hits...for the oppertunity to get up if you're not picked up right away. Not a good trade!
So instead I want it to ALSO passivly add to the 'Recover' Bar, so you, or your friends, can help you up faster if the Killer gets distracted.
Edit: Fixed a misconception I had
Comments
good idea. I still feel like it'll be useless though since Killers
NEVERleave the No Mither survivor on the floor, since they can always recover. I know they appear healthy at first, but when they discover you, they know just who you really are. Still has tunneling. Also relies on having friends... :,cPersonally, my idea on doing it is where it's a high risk, high reward (like how it kinda is now, with low breathing and no blood, but the trade of being one shot). My idea is where you can remove exhaustion while running but at a slower pace (not working with Vigil). That way it could make is so maybe Killers won't want to tunnel the No Mither Guy just cause he's one shot, but leave because of his looping abilities and potential for multiple sprint bursts
I get what you're saying but I removed the 'Tells' of No Mither. No Broken icon for Killers, and his character icon looks normal for his state (after the first hit).
I bet a ton of Killers will just assume he's not getting healed up instead of assuming it's No Mither.
I know the idea of hiding the No Mither status until the first hit but what if...
You didn't become Broken until the first DOWN? So at the start of the match you can 2 hits and then you go down but from then on you're Broken revealing you're a No Mither.
Hmm..hard to say..Seems good, so long as you still get the 'Injured' stats for other Perks (Like This Is Not Happening), even before you get hit..
So, if I remember right the person still looks injured. So either he's not leaving blood trails (an Injured Person not leaving blood trails = No Mither). Or the killer never saw him ever and is just ok with seeing someone he hasn't hit injured for no reason.
Or if I read wrong, and he looks healthy before being hit. then for this... "I bet a ton of Killers will just assume he's not getting healed up instead of assuming it's No Mither." then the killer would just go after him and find out he has no mither. He may not even know it, but if he sees a survivor he'll KILL em.
Basically, they ARE injured, but the HUD does not reflect this injured state until they get hit once.
The Killer also never sees the Broken status effect.
It would take an alert Killer (or be the unlucky first find of the match), to realize the person is injured while the HUD says 'healthy'.
Good point, I did not think of that. It should be ok though, now No Mithers can't be healed so even if you don't get downed but just take the first hit you still can't be healed so to you you're already a No Mither but to the Killer they won't know until you get back up from being downed or get off the hook etc. So you can use those perks like everyone else at the beginning, kind of a slight nerf in that aspect but I have always seen No Mither as Hard Mode in this game so it doesn't seem that bad.
You don't have to be very alert to realize when a Survivor is randomly instant downed from healthy without you having done any setup first.
oh no, he says the person, the model itself is injured. just the hud says he's healthy.
Still, I don't think you need to be that alert to think "I never once saw that Dwight, how is he injured?"
I get what you're saying but I've seen a number of matches where someone goes 'Why did I down that person in one hit? Were they injured?' or 'Did I down that guy before?' etc.
Add to that that 2 Dwights could be in your match and 1 has No Mither but they LOOK the same..
I do think it's possible to get confused, is all I'm saying. No Mither needs something to make it worth taking.
No definitely not. If someone goes from Healthy to Downed I'm going to notice, solely by the UI.
It's really not hard to notice. And that's ignoring them being in the injured animation rather than the healthy one.
"you fill 1 HP on the 'Recover' Bar, up to a maximum of 20% of the bar. (Which, I think, is 20HP? I think the bar is basically 100 HP?)"
it's not. Survivors have 2 HP and if you are in the dying state you've lost both of them.
recovering from the dying state requires 32 charges. Normally you recover 1 charge per second and other survivors heal you at 2 charges per second.
I had no real idea how to describe what I meant in the Recovery bar. Whatever it is, you get roughly 10-20% of that. Something not broken.
Also fair enough on your other point.
"Automatically recover by 1% once every 5/4/3 seconds up to a total maximum of 20% per time you are downed."
Fixed the original post..Slightly. I won't edit it again so soon, lest I make work for the mods :)
20% would be almost pointless. Even 50% wouldn't really be busted since it'll all go to waste if you get picked up anyway. The only issue this could possibly bring is a synergy with flip flop, but you're permanently injured so I think it balances out.
No mither is supposed to be a challenge perk, it's mostly fine as is. All it needs is a bloodpoint reward and *remove the deafening injured music devs I know I'm injured I chose to be please god I can't hear, I can't HEAR*
As for the bloodpoint reward, I'd prefer it be like WGLF but stacks with boldness somehow(take risks for more points) because otherwise(if it's like prove thyself) you're just gonna hit your bloodpoint cap and the bp bonuswill be worthless.
"This is untrue. I’m a frequent user of No Mither and a killer will frequently get distracted by other survivors if you’ve intentionally run in to take a protection hit, or just generally stay within the group."
(mumbles under breath) Jesus out of the 30+ times that scenario happens I never had that [Killer leaving me] once, yet this person is an exception. I wish I was that lucky, why can't I be left on the floor?
I mean, yea. of course! silly me.
No Mither isn't broken, so none of these fixes are needed. The devs even stated that it is a perk that is meant to challenge you, not trick the killer. The perk is working as intended, so there's no reason to try to make it 'less hard to use'. Just DON'T use it if you don't want its effect. It's that easy.
This is why I think there should just be a bp bonus similar to the killer "challenge" addons (Billy's speed limiter, Trapper's padded jaws, etc)
Well that and remove the god forsaken injured music, but that's just because it's pointless when you're always injured