Does Noed Need to be Changed???

So a Youtuber Named The King made a video talking about changes he would make to No One Escapes Death, but i wanted to ask you guys, what do you think, after being where its been for 2 years does it really need to be changed?


My Video Response:

https://youtu.be/OG2uZMJYFRE

https://youtu.be/OG2uZMJYFRE


   My personal Stance on Noed (Survivor main with over 6000 hours) is that it isn't that strong nor do i actually think its a perk that rewards bad play. In the current state of the game, it is very possible to have 3 gens popped as you down you first survivor. doesnt mean you did anything wrong as a killer. Its Just the other 3 players that you weren't chasing just did everything right. The Devs themselves say they balance around 2 escaping and 2 dying every game, meaning more games then not all 5 gens should be getting done, so you should get to use almost every game unless you are doing EXTREMELY well. that being said, having No one escapes death in a 2v1 scenario can be all you need to clutch a 4k before the last 2 get away if they play too cocky around the last gen popping which i think is fine and exactly what the perk is for. NOED Will not give you a 4k at 0 gens with all 4 survivors still alive unless ALL 4 players make a mistake, and if that happens that's on them, for their misplay. there is counterplay to it. Spread out, get the totems, go for different doors, YOU HAVE OPTIONS. I personally think its fine where it is. You can stop it from even turning on with Perks and items, and it is a fair punishment for going for gens and ignoring all else in the game, like hook saves or totems. I don't think every killer needs it, but it also does a great job of keeping M1 killers like wraith competitive with Hillbilly, Ghostface, or Meyers.

   As for the change you proposed @TheKing , I dislike it as well because it would reward tunneling towards the end of the game, as apposed to say a perk like BBQ that incentivizes you chasing people you haven't hooked for more blood points at the end of the game, spreading the chases out among all the players. also i get that it sucks to juke the killer all game and get hit with noed (I've been that guy more times than i can count), but saying you should be safe from one of the killers abilities just because you hid all game doesn't makes sense. you then punish the people who know how to run the killer, and reward players for hiding and using Urban Evasion all game late game. DBD is both Hide and Seek, and Cat and Mouse, that change would blatantly punish players that are used to more of a cat and mouse gameplay loop. And lastly the movement speed is nice for the killer but FAR form over powered. Its a little edge at the end of the game, that last for maybe the last 2-4 minutes of the game at most.

   In closing I get the gripes with NOED but TBH as a survivor player, I think Its been in the best spot its ever been. You can counter it in so many ways, and it mere existence promotes players doing totems, thus slowing down the game and promoting a healthier meta game. I disagree that it rewards bad play because based on dev balance goals it should get activated in every game(Meaning all 5 gens should get done see the 2 die 2 escape goal from earlier), and is the perfect "Oh #########" perk that can clutch a close game into your favor, and again it can be countered.

 



His original Video:  https://youtu.be/1IOWDPpB_HI

Comments

  • @AzdrubaelVect said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/633643#Comment_633643

    He has 0 gameknowledge and he would be an absolute TERRIBLE dev as seen by the legion rework.

    His perception is lackluster at best, it takes him WAY to long to figure out basic things about newly released killers and perks for example.

    Just because you're mechanically good at something doesn't mean you're cut for gamedesign.

    his recommendations of legion were needed, just they completely busted legion in his rework

  • The only change I want to see for NOED is add some sort of "tell" that will tip off a survivor you have it. I suggested elsewhere that a very very low percentage of skill checks would not have a great zone. Something like 1/50 skill checks. This would be the clue that the killer has NOED, which then encourages survivors to slow down and look for totems. Because at the end of the day that's what you want as killer, for the game to slow down. If you lose your one shot + speed boost but made the game like 5 minutes longer because of it, is it not worth it? I think so. Then there really would be no excuse for letting NOED proc because you will know when it's in play.

    Alternatively, they could make the NOED proc when the last gen pops instead of when the survivor gets hit. I think the most lame part about NOED is just that you don't know until you get hit. If you got the notification when the last gen pops then it would be way less lame because you know to play more cautiously now. It's not going to be a "does he have NOED?" *survivor gets hit*, yes/no, type of thing.

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635033#Comment_635033

    Actually, after looking at these posts and your previous post declaring that NOED is killing this game (with no proof or data to back you up) I believe that you are the minority in this case.

    A top streamer having an opinion, does not make that opinion more important or right. An opinion is subjective, it only matters more if it is the same as yours. Are you likely to change your mind because a streamer with more viewers has an opposing opinion?

    Also whether anyone wants to partner with a streamer, does not validate their opinions. Unless they are streaming something offensive and potentially harmful to their business, a company will throw their lot in with anyone who can draw more customers in. It's not a mark of their opinions relevancy, it's to do with revenue.

    Popularity does not equate to being right. It's simply one voice with a talent for entertainment. (For some)

    Not more right.

    More important for sure. As youre able to influence more ppl using your platform.

    And there are lots of evidence, game was more popular in 2018. Showing a decline in players.

  • @AzdrubaelVect said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635597#Comment_635597

    Missing and getting stunned for a HUGE duration COMPLETELY destroys the point of legion being a frenzy killer in the first place so no, this was a TERRIBLE idea that made it through because of outside pressure and sheep following the streamer baaabaaa because they couldn't deal with the fact that this game is an actual 1v4 game where they cannot solo the killer even with their 4man SWF and still escpae.

    Legion was absolutely balanced into 2k'ing if he played perfectly which was the pinnacle of balance, he just felt very bad to play against but I'm gonna go on a whim here and say that most survivors probably wouldn't have DCed in such a fashion unless streamers showed them it's okay to DC against legion.

    Agreed he was butchered but he needed a nerf shouldn't have been that bad, made him useless but he should be punished for stab spam but not completely destroyed lol

  • @AzdrubaelVect said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635843#Comment_635843

    Stab spam was NOT an issue, the only thing it did was make survivors feel bad about being hit. The issue with legion was solely the moonwalking.

    Gotta disagree, he had so much going for him with very little counter play. so na he needed more of a nerf but still they made him more useless than many killers

  • Noed doesn't bother me when I'm survivor and when I play killer I use it a lot of the time. Maybe I'm the killer being 'rewarded for failure' as is often discussed here but meh.

    I'm not great at killer so lots of times it never even comes into play because I can't catch anyone. But sometimes it's fun revenge.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    The only change I want to see for NOED is add some sort of "tell" that will tip off a survivor you have it. I suggested elsewhere that a very very low percentage of skill checks would not have a great zone. Something like 1/50 skill checks. This would be the clue that the killer has NOED, which then encourages survivors to slow down and look for totems. Because at the end of the day that's what you want as killer, for the game to slow down. If you lose your one shot + speed boost but made the game like 5 minutes longer because of it, is it not worth it? I think so. Then there really would be no excuse for letting NOED proc because you will know when it's in play.

    Alternatively, they could make the NOED proc when the last gen pops instead of when the survivor gets hit. I think the most lame part about NOED is just that you don't know until you get hit. If you got the notification when the last gen pops then it would be way less lame because you know to play more cautiously now. It's not going to be a "does he have NOED?" *survivor gets hit*, yes/no, type of thing.

    I think it's honestly fine as is. If you're worried about NOED or wonder if a killer has it, pop totems. There, they absolutely don't.

  • Do dull totems. I can't tell you how many times a killer running NOED has hit me at the exit gate only to find I've broken all the totems. Do dull totems. NOED is a wasted perk if you do dull totems.

  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    NOED is a design failure. It needs to get changed to a perk rewarding the killer for doing well instead of failing. But most people wont accept any changes cause theyre biased.

    Ok then. The hatch should be removed. It rewards failure.

    End game strategy is a thing.

  • NOED is fine as is. It counters, in a minor way, gen rushing, but it can be beaten by cleansing totems, or if the totem is found after all generators are completed. SWF gen rushing pricks who ignore doing anything except rushing the gens at all costs with new part etc can be punished, albeit slightly, with noed. Many a time I've played a less than A tier killer, had a bad match to a harassing and gen rushing jerkoff SWF team, tea bagging me every time they drop a pallet, taking advantage of every loop, ds, dead hard, adrenaline, borrowed time, makes me want to track them down irl, then the last gen is done and I down and hook one of them, and I'm so annoyed that I'm like, okay teabagger you're gonna die and I camp, which I do not like to do, and they are so arrogant that they come and I have turned what should be a 0k or 1k match into a 4k that is to noed and survivor hubris. Survivors can VERY OFTEN be complete toxic holes, and imo drive killers to be toxic in kind.

  • Any complains about noed are absolute bs in my opinion. For 95% of the game, the killer is using 3 perks. Meanwhile, as a survivor you’re given maps pretty much every 2-3 bloodwebs if you need them. Otherwise if noed to you is a huge issue. Just cleanse totems. Learn maps to know where they can or can’t spawn

    or run no mother, So you can’t even tell the difference ;) lol

    the perk should go back to how it used to be, and just give you a one shot mechanic instead of being a hex. You guys don’t know how good you have it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/635856#Comment_635856

    Stab spam was also NOT how FF was intended to be used, hence why it’s now instantly cancelled hitting a survivor twice.

    It's always been that way for Legion :/

1 2 ›