We Should Have A Wall Of Shame For People Banned In Game
Seriously!
Don't want your screen name up on it? Don't be a filthy cheater or a jerk who flips the table & pulls your ethernet cord when you are losing. Also watch your mouth and don't say bad things for the shock value.
I think it would deter some of these people; they'd get razzed by their friends if their known screen name popped up on a Wall Of Shame with the reason why (Cheating, DCing All The Time, Saying Unsportsmanlike/Inflammitory Things, etc).
You could add a menu option for it so people would see this giant, dark wall lit by a few Totems, where peoples names are added as they are permabanned.
Comments
Oh, I mean a wall made by devs in game for those people the devs ban.
It may curb some people to know their shame is out there for all to see.
But if I broke any rules suggesting this; I'm sorry.
..I don't think this suggestion is witch hunting, though.
As for the past question; Because it may curb some people into behaving.
Some people act like a-holes on the internet because they will never be called out for it. Some of those people would probably not act like slime if they knew their name was put on a wall in their favorite game once they got perma-banned.
Steam already does that. "X days since the last vac ban/ban" that's a big indicator, no excuses, you're in front of a filthy human being.
Yet, there've been some cases of revoked bans, somebody could get his name dishonored for a mistake. Also, i would never bother watching the people banned, because the only people i'm interested to know if are banned or not are streamers. I see some inspiration from the book of the guilty of Dark Souls, is that true? Because its intent completely lost his purpose...
I honestly just figured, if some people act like jerks because the internet keeps their names from being known, then maybe they'd not act like jerks if their names were immortalized in-game.
Someone who got permanent banned in a certain game doesn't care about his name listed in that game. It's over for him. He will have no connection to it. Your idea won't help anyone.
Eh. Fair enough. I just hate cheaters and trolls. 😣
BHVR has a No Naming And Shaming policy, so it's not going to happen.
In which case you'd end up with a wall, in the game, covered in racial slurs and whatnot.
If not for that it'd be cool to have them etched into the brick walls surrounding trials.
This. Never gonna happen.
As mentioned, BHVR has a policy against naming and shaming and a suggestion like that could create witch hunts and other issues.
I'm closing the thread.