Mettle Of Man Fix/Idea

This just came to me, so it may have a few rough edges.


When you unhook someone, for the next 5/10/15 seconds, if they get hit & you're both in the Killer's Terror Radius, you instead take the damage and gain the borrowed time/deep wounds timer (I forget if this timer has it's own name).

The original target still gains any EFFECTS of the hit (mangled/blind/hemorrage/etc).

If the original target is also under the effect of Borrowed Time, it WILL proc on them, so don't use both perks at the same time.

Comments

  • This seems like you're basically just turning it into Borrowed Time 2.

  • @TAG said:

    This seems like you're basically just turning it into Borrowed Time 2.

    Kind of?

    I realized, as I typed, that it would be terrible if the Unhooker just took the hit & could be downed. It would be useless.

    If they took the hit but could not be downed from it, it would be a smidge OP.

    So I settled on a middle ground: Take the hit & get a timer.


    I guess it depends on something: Do you trust the other player?

    If so: You give them Borrowed Time to get away & heal.

    If not: You use this MoM so they can get away free.

  • Or just reduce it to 2 protection hits and fix protection hits to register correctly.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Or just reduce it to 2 protection hits and fix protection hits to register correctly.

    They definitely need to fix the protection hits registry.

  • It sounds interesting, but compared to borrowed time, it just seems like a downgrade.

    If I'm healthy and rescue someone with borrowed time, the other survivor can take a hit without going down.

    If I'm healthy and rescue someone with this perk, the other survivor can take a hit without going down, but I get injured with deep wounds.

  • @Peanits said:

    It sounds interesting, but compared to borrowed time, it just seems like a downgrade.

    If I'm healthy and rescue someone with borrowed time, the other survivor can take a hit without going down.

    If I'm healthy and rescue someone with this perk, the other survivor can take a hit without going down, but I get injured with deep wounds.

    Yeah. I'll have to think on it more.

  • Hm, how about giving both you and the survivor you rescued a sprint burst without exhaustion if you rescue them within killer's terror radius without any of these Deep Wound status effects?


  • @SpyMature said:

    Hm, how about giving both you and the survivor you rescued a sprint burst without exhaustion if you rescue them within killer's terror radius without any of these Deep Wound status effects?

    That's seems a bit too OP.

    Imagine that you both get MOM Sprint Burst, then have NORMAL Sprint Burst/Lithe/Balanced Landing on top of that?

    They'd be miles away with nothing the Killer can do.

  • @Peanits Maybe I'm going at it wrong. It does not have to be a hit protection.


    'For every Safe Unhook you make, gain a token up to 2/3/4 Tokens. Every Token increases Altruistic Action speeds by 1/2/3%. Failing a skillcheck of any kind removes a token. Getting hooked removes half (rounded down) the tokens.'

    You're still showing the mettle of man; that they will not be kept down & will help each other no matter what.


    ..Failing that; it's still an idea for a future perk! ๐Ÿ˜€

  • @Locker_Monster said:

    @Peanits Maybe I'm going at it wrong. It does not have to be a hit protection.

    'For every Safe Unhook you make, gain a token up to 2/3/4 Tokens. Every Token increases Altruistic Action speeds by 1/2/3%. Failing a skillcheck of any kind removes a token. Getting hooked removes half (rounded down) the tokens.'

    You're still showing the mettle of man; that they will not be kept down & will help each other no matter what.

    ..Failing that; it's still an idea for a future perk! ๐Ÿ˜€

    a 3% action speed increase is tiny for these kinds of actions.

    Spine chill alone is 6% and works on more things and has a crap ton of utility outside of that. And botany is 33% towards healing which is by far the most common Altruistic Action you preform in the game and also works on self healing.

    And at max stacks that's 14.2857143 seconds per heal down from 16. All of that work for less than 2 seconds faster healing.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/626703#Comment_626703

    a 3% action speed increase is tiny for these kinds of actions.

    Spine chill alone is 6% and works on more things and has a crap ton of utility outside of that. And botany is 33% towards healing which is by far the most common Altruistic Action you preform in the game and also works on self healing.

    And at max stacks that's 14.2857143 seconds per heal down from 16. All of that work for less than 2 seconds faster healing.

    Numbers can be changed, of course. :) I don't know how much a 1% changes anything, myself. It was more for the concept. :)

  • MoM is already fixed and its fine now how it is, so move on.

  • @Locker_Monster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/626757#Comment_626757

    Numbers can be changed, of course. :) I don't know how much a 1% changes anything, myself. It was more for the concept. :)

    Mom is fine move on

  • So you equip that and BT and you get old BT?