If I buy one of the Pig cosmetics, does some of that money go to the original license holders?
Or does it all go to BHVR?
Or does it all go to BHVR?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I would guess, that something goes also to the license holders. Think that's also the reason why you can't buy licensed killers with shards.
Probably a split of some percentage or another. I'd advertise against buying the Pig cosmetics due to the price inflation.
Yeah, just prestige and get your "barbecue sauce" piggy skins instead
Oh don't worry, I'm done buying any BHVR product from this point onward unless it's a viable killer like spirit or nurse.
The license holders definitely get a cut of the profits, but in all honesty, I think its cool that said license holders are actually allowing BHVR to make modifications and add cosmetics in the first place. The primary problem with the Freddy rework was that they had to keep going back and forth with Freddy's license holders and get approval on every little change before they could put bring it to us, and I'm certain the time consuming hassle of doing that is the real reason it took so long for them to get the rework done. The Pig however has had multiple minor balance changes, and even received cosmetics, which is something no other licensed character has gotten so far, not even Freddy/Quentin. This sets her pretty far apart from the others as the owners of her seem to be more lenient on any changes made, and more cooperative, so here's hoping that they'll eventually talk the owner of the Saw theme song into pitching in so our girl will get her own theme music for chases and RBT timers. :)
^^ This is exactly why I have given up hope for Freddy cosmetics. Also, Ghost face is another killer that has gotten balance changes and multiple cosmetics.
True, but the reason for that is because BHVR didn't license the character from the owners of the scream franchise, they licensed the "mask" from funworld, which basically let them create an original character that they can change however they want, and they only have to ask funworld for permission if they make any cosmetic changes.
Licensed holders, I'm pretty sure have no say in their characters abilities/power and whenever or not they can be changed.
DBD just gets rights to use the character in-game and that's it