New Killer: The Bully

An idea that was floating through my head the last couple of days.

** The Bully**
Real Name: Matthew Copeland
Weapon: Bloody Baseball Bat

Backstory:
Saying Matt Copeland grew up in a dysfunctional family would be an understatement.
Being the accidental only child of a drug addicted mother and an abusive father forced Matt to look after himself since he was very young. Sauntering around the slums of Chicago, Illinois.
With no money and no support from his family, Matt took advantage of his large size to terrorize smaller, and wealthier, children into giving him their lunch money. At first, he only did this for his own survival, but he quickly started to enjoy the feeling of power and respect it gave him. Something that he would never be able to feel in his small trailer home.
There was one student in particular that Matt took special interest on, a student who decided to change from private school into public school.
Frederick Jackson was the only son of a very wealthy family. His father owned the “Jackson & Maxwell” Lawfirm and her mother came from a line of wealthy bankers. He was smart, popular and loved by everyone in school. This woke something inside Matt that he didn’t know he had. A feeling of unstoppable hate against the person who, unlike him, had everything in life.
Matt made it his holy duty to bully and terrorize Frederick until he became as angry and miserable as himself, but people like Frederick Jackson weren’t without powerful influence…
After a particularly cruel beating matt unleashed upon Frederick behind the school’s gym, he received a phone message of Valentina Fletcher, Matt’s only crush. The message was simple “meet me at Washington Park 9:00pm”.
Could lady luck finally be on Matt’s side? Was his life about to turn around?
Yes, it was.
Putting on his best clothing; a second hand plaid shirt, mostly unfaded jeans and his Chicago Cubs baseball hat, he made his way to Washington Park with what he could only guess might be a spark of merriness.
Once he arrived at the meeting point, he checked back and forth between his phone and his surrounding in anticipation. There was nobody in the park and the dim lights made it hard to see past a few meters away.
“I’m here, where are you?” He texted to Valentina.
“Coming.” Was the only reply.
After a few minutes, he could see movement from the darkness. His anticipation swiftly turned to panic as he realized there were multiple outlines in the darkness.
It was a trap.
He didn’t know who they were, since they all wore ski-masks. He also didn’t know how many they were, the only thing he knew is that they all had brought baseball bats.
It all happened in an instant, he was beaten within an inch of his life. After what seemed like hours, but must’ve been only a few minutes, Matt came to.
His whole body was broken, his face cut and swollen with hundreds of splinters. He somehow managed to stand up with the help of a discarded baseball bat that was left on the grass. Limping his way through the park, a strange fog started to surround him. Embrace him.
He heard whispers of revenge and retribution. With every step he felt stronger, his wounds hurt less. A strange power was lending him new resolve.
He was now walking through a forest that seem to be in perpetual twilight. In the distance he saw a campfire surrounded by shadows. Could this be the group that assaulted him? With his newfound strength he quickly closed the distance to the group.
As he approached, he realized he had never seen these people before. They wore ragged clothing and had blank looks on their face. Some of them were bloodied all over.
The strange presence he felt before whispered in his ear one more time. It seemed his revenge on Frederick and those who beat him would have to wait. For now, he had new classmates to play with.


Killer Info:
The Bully is an aggressive killer, cornering survivors while preventing them from being too altruistic.
Movement speed: 115%
Terror Radius: 24m – 40m
Lunge range: 0.6m-0.8m

Power: Intimidation ~ With years of experience bullying and tormenting his victims, The Bully has developed an effective way to mentally dominate those around him.
-Upon activation, The Bully slows down and lets out a blood curdling yell for 2 seconds. His terror radius is increased to 40 meters, his lunge range is considerably increased and his missed attack cooldown in moderately decreased for 40 seconds. Additionally, any survivor within his terror radius during Intimidation suffers from a 15% penalty to healing, sabotage, cleansing and repairing during this time.
Intimidation has a 90 second cooldown.

Perks

Lunch Money: Become obsessed with a survivor. Every time you hit your obsession gain a token, up to a maximum of 3/4/4 tokens. For as long as your obsession is alive, gain 4%/4%/5% breaking speed to pallets and generators for every token. This perk deactivates once the obsession is dead.

Detention: The detention room has become like a second home to you. Every time you break a pallet, the entity will block all undropped pallets in a 12/16/24 meter radius for 15 seconds. Once used, Detention goes on a cooldown for 40 seconds.
*Detention does not affect already dropped pallets.

HEX Peer Pressure: You know how to manipulate others into doing what you want. Every time you successfully hit a survivor, the auras of survivors in a 12/16/24 meter range are revealed to you for 2/2/3 seconds. This does not apply for hitting a survivor that is hooked. This perk remains active until it’s associated totem is destroyed.

Add-ons

Curriculum set:

Chewed essay (uncommon)- A dirty piece of paper with a few lines written on it, looks like it was partially eaten by a dog.
slightly increases the duration of Intimidation.

Failed Exam (rare) - A wrinkled examen, you can barely make out a red “F” on it.
Moderately increases the duration of intimidation
Slightly increases the cooldown of Intimidation.

Report Card (Very Rare)- A report card with the name “Matthew Copeland” on it. Seems like there’s mostly Ds and Fs on it.
Considerably increases the duration of Intimidation.
Moderately Increases the cooldown of Intimidation.

Suspension Notice (Ultra rare)- A bloody letter addressed to “Mr. and Mrs. Copeland”. It seems to end abruptly before it could be finished.
Tremendously increases the duration of Intimidation.
Considerably increases the cooldown of intimidation.

Belt set:

Worn belt (common): a worn leather belt, size 38.
At the beginning of Intimidation, the auras of survivors who have been previously hit are revealed to you for 1 second in a 16m range.

Notched belt (uncommon): A synthetic belt with a few metal notches in it.
At the beginning of Intimidation, the auras of survivors who have been previously hit are revealed to you for 2 seconds in a 24m range.

Velvety belt (rare): This belt is smooth and soft to the touch. Getting hit by it probably wouldn’t hurt much.
During intimidation, you no longer incur a penalty to healing, sabotage, cleansing or repairing. Instead, gain 100% bonus bloodpoints in the hunting category and 200% bloodpoints in the deviousness category.

Metallic belt (very rare): A belt made of several metal segments. It’s speckled with brown, dried blood.
At the beginning of Intimidation, the auras of survivors who have been previously hit are revealed to you for 5 seconds in a 32m range.

Lunchbox set:

Empty Lunchbox (uncommon): An old lunchbox with nothing but crumbs in it. The letters “MC” are scratched on it’s side.
Gain a slight boost of speed for 1.5 seconds after Intimidation is finished activating.
Slightly increases Intimidation charge time.

Government Lunchbox (Rare): A standard government-issue lunchbox. Contains a sandwich, juice box and apple.
Gain a moderate boost of speed for 1.5 seconds after intimidation is finished activating.
Slightly increase intimidation charge time.

Pink Lunchbox (very rare): A pink lunchbox decorated with several unicorn decals. It’s contents seem to have been prepared by particularly loving parents.
Gain a considerable boost of speed for 2 seconds after intimidation is finished activating.
Moderately increase intimidation charge time.

Deluxe Lunchbox (Ultra rare): A top of the line leather and ivory lunchbox containing an exquisite meal. The letters “FJ” are inlaid with gold thread. The very existence of this lunchbox fills you with rage.
Gain a Tremendous boost of speed for 3 seconds after intimidation is finished activating.
Moderately increase intimidation charge time.
Survivors suffer from the “exposed” effect during intimidation.

School Supplies set:

Broken ruler (uncommon): A broken plastic ruler. The numbers are mostly faded.
Increases the penalty to sabotage speed during Intimidation by an additional 5%.

Broken pencil (rare): A pencil that has been broken in half. Unusable in it’s current state.
Increases the penalty to Repairing and cleansing speed during Intimidation by an additional 5%.

Broken scissors (rare): These scissors are broken in the middle. The blades are still sharp, however.
Increases the penalty to healing speed during Intimidation by an additional 5%.

Stitched backpack (very rare): Stitched by an experienced hand. This backpack seems sturdy enough to hold school supplies.
Increases the penalty to healing, sabotage, repairing and cleansing speed during Intimidation by an additional 5%.


Let me know what you think!
I'm missing a set of add-ons but could not think of something worthwhile.

Comments

  • Sorry for the mistakes in the markdowns, will edit soon.

  • Nice backstory.
    His power seems a bit too powerful, I'd tweak the duration to be a little bit shorter. Or not have his attack cool-down be decreased. The terror radius increase is fine, and the penalties work well, but the attack cool-down decrease seems a bit much. The lunge too. I do like the idea though.
    Lunch Money: I get the feeling it should say for each token, but I think it could work. However, I would change it to after the Obsession dies, the tokens get used up after breaking a pallet, instead of immediately after their death.
    Detention: I can already see this being useful. I generally break pallets immediately after their thrown down, since I generally play illusionary pallet Doctor, and I can see blocking other pallets from being dropped as incredibly useful. The Survivors would need to know about it, but that could easily be done with the Entity wrapped around those pallets, holding them there.
    Peer Pressure: Not very useful when the Survivors are far apart or the totem is gone, but I can see its use otherwise. I think it would help Freddy more than anyone else, but everyone can benefit. Also, nice touch making it clear it does not work if you hit a hooked Survivor.
    Curriculum set: I like this set, you give something up (the increasingly long cool-down) for extreme power. Usually works okay.
    Belt Set: Other than the Velvety Belt, I see amazing use with this (I don't normally run add-ons that provide bloodpoints, mostly because I don't have any).
    Lunchbox set: Pretty reminiscent of Michael's tombstones (except for the fact that only the top tier causes Exposed). I honestly like this, combined with the Curriculum set, this set can be pretty devastating.
    School Supplies: I like where you're going with it, but I would probably have had both rare ones also include sabotage speed penalty, so you can pick either repair and sabo or heal and sabo, not be stuck with one pretty not too rare choice and two more limited choices that also only affect one stat. Or make all three of them rare. Like the final one though.
    Nice idea, but it could use a bit of tweaking with Intimidation. It could also cause a legal issue if he's 16 or under (I think 17 would be an issue too) so he'd have to be 18 or something, but I think it's interesting.

  • I am confused "the bully" should obviously be a survivor character :wink:
  • @VolantConch1719 said:
    Nice backstory.
    His power seems a bit too powerful, I'd tweak the duration to be a little bit shorter. Or not have his attack cool-down be decreased. The terror radius increase is fine, and the penalties work well, but the attack cool-down decrease seems a bit much. The lunge too. I do like the idea though.
    Lunch Money: I get the feeling it should say for each token, but I think it could work. However, I would change it to after the Obsession dies, the tokens get used up after breaking a pallet, instead of immediately after their death.
    Detention: I can already see this being useful. I generally break pallets immediately after their thrown down, since I generally play illusionary pallet Doctor, and I can see blocking other pallets from being dropped as incredibly useful. The Survivors would need to know about it, but that could easily be done with the Entity wrapped around those pallets, holding them there.
    Peer Pressure: Not very useful when the Survivors are far apart or the totem is gone, but I can see its use otherwise. I think it would help Freddy more than anyone else, but everyone can benefit. Also, nice touch making it clear it does not work if you hit a hooked Survivor.
    Curriculum set: I like this set, you give something up (the increasingly long cool-down) for extreme power. Usually works okay.
    Belt Set: Other than the Velvety Belt, I see amazing use with this (I don't normally run add-ons that provide bloodpoints, mostly because I don't have any).
    Lunchbox set: Pretty reminiscent of Michael's tombstones (except for the fact that only the top tier causes Exposed). I honestly like this, combined with the Curriculum set, this set can be pretty devastating.
    School Supplies: I like where you're going with it, but I would probably have had both rare ones also include sabotage speed penalty, so you can pick either repair and sabo or heal and sabo, not be stuck with one pretty not too rare choice and two more limited choices that also only affect one stat. Or make all three of them rare. Like the final one though.
    Nice idea, but it could use a bit of tweaking with Intimidation. It could also cause a legal issue if he's 16 or under (I think 17 would be an issue too) so he'd have to be 18 or something, but I think it's interesting.

    His power probably is a bit too powerful, but without perks he is still as loopable as the trapper. I wanted him to be able to become extremely powerful for a short time in a strategic way since he would have the longest power cooldown of any killer.

    It should say "for each token" I fixed that! I think just losing a token would make this too powerful. It should force you to risk leaving the obsession alive if you want that extra speed.

    As far as Detention, I was also visualizing black jagged tendrils wrapped around the affected pallets.

    Peer Pressure is geared towards preventing survivors from following a chase to try and get a flashlight or pallet save. This would let you see any survivor as soon as you down someone and chase them away, which is something no perk does so far.

    You might be right in the school supplies one. I just felt like healing and repairing are way more important mechanics than sabo and so the add-ons affecting them should be rarer.

    And of course he's 18, he was held back 2 years for having such bad grades ;)

    Thanks for the feedback!