Is ok to punish all DC?
I know a lot of people (me included) don't like when people DC, but there are a few reasons why a survivor DC and not necessarily is for being losing. Some are bug reasons and another are griefing reasons. And before reading I want to tell you I don't want those "us killers vs survivors" comments so think before tiping "Oh I am sorry mr. insta-heal survivor that start t-bagging, and when we hit them two times then we can't complain when they DC".
I will put some issues that happended to me and one that didn't happended to me.
First issue (a bug that happended to me): The map was Mount Ormond Resort against traper. I jumped a window, a trap was set (everything is fine), trapper came while I was struggling to free myself and hit me (a lot of people do it so Where is the "reason" for DC?) After he did it, I could not free myself anymore, not only that but trapper could not catch me nor survivors couldn't interact with me. After 10 mins I DC because well, I got tired about can't doing anything.
econd issue (not me but is a bug): A Meg Thomas was being chased and she hid in a locker (Why not? Is a valid place) and then the camera was placed inside the locker, she could not get outside of the locker nor the killer could open, after a while she got tired and DC.
Third issue (happended to me, griefing) : We know that if the killer close the hatch that will likely ends with you losing and that's ok but read this. I was trying to open the exit gate (It doesn't hurt to try ๐ ) the killer was the Plague, she chased me, and infected me with the broken status effect (So Are you complaining that she is using his power? ๐) then she hit me and I went down, after a while that was carrying me closer to a hook, she left me in the ground Why? She was waiting until the EGC timer ends (More than a minute remaining) I didn't DC that time but Is too bad if someone DC because he/she don't want to wait?
Fourth issue (happened to me, griefing) : I was against a pig using Adam Francis, she let me in the floor until she killed the third survivor. Pig raised me up and free me, so when I was up again I ran, then she closed the Hatch in front of me,hit me and then I thought "well, now I am dead" but no. She carried me to the exit gate so I thought "ok, then she wants me to escape", started opening the door and then she performed his dash attack, again she throw me, grab me and I got up, then attempt to ran but she hit me and throw me, hiting the gate, like she wanted me to open that gate. I was trying to open it slowy, as soon as I open it I started to ran but she attacked me with her dash attack. Then I died for the bleed-out timer. So didn't DC this time
What I meant with this post is Why punishing survivors for quiting when they are only don't want to be abused? This is a game and all people want to play, relaxing, not being bullied because the other team (And I talk about survivors and killers this time) have more power.
Comments
@Sneaky_Dwight I never asked about removing the punishment, as I said I get angry when a teammate DC because he is losing.
And no. EGC was implemented to avoid taking the game killer as a hostage (wich I think it's great) and you can't simply say "it's sucks but you're still wrong" because taking another person as a hostage is the wrong thing, and you don't need to get used to what is wrong. Is like you say "it's sucks a thief wants to kill you if you don't give your money but you're wrong if you hit them back".
Yes they should punish all dc and they should also punish survivors who suicide on first hook
Why? I get that it leaves their teammates in a bad position but it still gives the killer points and they lose a pip. I sometimes do it if I really don't want to play against a specific killer / build but it is in no way as scummy as DCing. It's basically the equivalent of having a surrender button.
Negative death on hook should not be punished. If a survivor dies on there first or second hook should the remaining survivors be punished cause they didn't rescue him?
Yes, all DCs should be punished. If it's your first time, you'll just have to wait a few minutes when the new measures come out. If it's happening often enough that you're getting actually punitive ban lengths, then there's an issue with your setup, and continuing to play is actively making the experience worse for every other player in your game.