What's with survivors jumping into lockers?

I feel like I'm behind the times on this. Lately, I'll be in a chase, and they'll jump pop into a locker. I thought it was for Head On, but they jump in just before I reach them. Doesn't stop me from hooking them, though, and Head On needs three seconds to activate, right? So, what am I missing?

Comments

  • They most likely have decisive strike. Hoping into a locker forces the killer to grab meaning the survivor can hit their skillcheck without fear of being slugged.

  • O. . . that makes sense. Isn't that a bit of an exploit, though?

  • @Rivyn said:

    O. . . that makes sense. Isn't that a bit of an exploit, though?

    More of a tactic. An exploit would be something like getting on top of a rock that is supposed to be unreachable.

  • @Rivyn said:

    O. . . that makes sense. Isn't that a bit of an exploit, though?

    It's not an exploit, per se, more than the survivor abusing bad design. The locker does make them invincible to the normal slugging counterplay to DS, though.

  • Stops lunges, and if they have enough distance, maybe Head On to stun the killer.

    Also DS design.