Banned for Communication Abuse, except I only ever abuse myself verbally

So I got banned today after playing a few matches, the ban does lift on August 8th, but the fact I was banned for only ever insulting myself kind of makes me question if the devs want absolutely ZERO negativity in their game, if I can't even insult myself. Yet if somebody else insults me it's absolutely fine, and I never see or hear about them getting banned. Reminds me of when I played Rainbow 6, there's plenty of people that deserve a ban for insulting others or cheating, yet I get banned because I call myself a trash player that should die, since that's what I usually heard anyways before I started insulting myself. The very fact that I got banned for self-deprecation in a game about running from a killer and being potentially slaughtered worries me that it's just trying to censor negativity.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Censoring negativity in this case isn't really a bad thing.

    Anyway, try to appeal it if you can. Unless you were calling yourself slurs or something, you should be able to appeal it. That being said, they do look at the chat logs and ban case by case, so I think you might be leaving some of the things you said out.

  • We don't discuss bans on the forum, if you want further information on your ban please contact support: https://support.deadbydaylight.com