110% vs 115% speed killers
So for the next killer you would want a 110% speed killer with a hard power to use and very high skill cap or a 115% speed killer with a mediocre and easy power to use and pretty low skill cap ?
Because people always seems to want 115% speed killers, but usually 110% speed killers ( Spirit, Hag and Huntress ) are higher in tier lists and more powerful than the 115% ones.
Comments
I've made a thread about why I think that another 110% would actually be un-intuitively better in the long run.
Whats wrong with wanting a normal speed killer with a good ability?
For the longest time Hillbilly was considered the best example of a balanced killer.
Slow killers become severely crippled when their ability cannot be used correctly.
Well, it's nothing wrong with that. But as it seems devs don't want to make anymore strong 115% speed killers, Billy being the only one which is in top tier. While a 110% speed killer is more likely to get a good power, so they can make up for their slow speed.
Thing is, killers wouldnt need to become slow killers to get "good" powers if the devs wouldn't cuddle survivors for not wanting to go against un-"fun" killers.
Cant have normal speed plus good ability. Think about the bad survivor potatoes ( but not the good ones who spit on any killer not wearing bonesaws).
And to be honest... In my opinion most of the newer killers have bad abilities, even spirit.
While arguably her inability to see survivors while haunting is "balanced" because she can attack instantly, it doesnt excuse the fact she needs a damn addon to see blood.
She is fine without seeing blood, she can hear breathing, groans and footsteps.
Also, her add-on for seeing blood even isn't that good, it's more like a training wheel.
I'd be fine with either.
Freddy rework is a good example of a strong killer that's 115%. Not as strong as Billy, obviously, but still high mid tier.
However, I feel like we're only getting a new top tier if it's a 110% killer with a very strong ability.
For variety's sake, I'd take another 110%. I do think they're afraid of making a killer as strong as Spirit again though.