Devs, explain the Pig "update"

  • The Pig's Ambush Attack is no longer considered a basic attack. 

I dont say opinion about it.

But just explain it.

Because Im just confused about this.

Which perks works with the ambush?

STBFL

SWBFL.PNG

Sloppy Butcher

Comments

  • sloppy.PNG

    Sloppy Butcher ^

  • Why is Pig getting so many nerfs? Are rank 20s suddenly saying she’s OP for whatever bullshit reason? And the devs are actually ######### listening to them?

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    Why is Pig getting so many nerfs? Are rank 20s suddenly saying she’s OP for whatever bullshit reason? And the devs are actually ######### listening to them?

    Maybe its a buff, but I dont understand this sentence.

    Does STBFL work?

    Do you lose stacks?

    Do you gain stacks?

    Can you play smart with perk builds?

    Or delete this again 2 perk builds like the last nerf?

  • STBFL and sloppy work on chainsaws so the same rule should apply here.

  • @GrootDude said:

    STBFL and sloppy work on chainsaws so the same rule should apply here.

    This would be reassuring only if standards were consistent all across the board in DbD.

    Worst-case scenario I'm fearing here is that Ambush will count when STBFL tokens are deducted on attacking the Obsession but won't when building tokens from anyone else.

    I'm still in the dark about how the Obsession mechanics work in regards Dying Light specifically, when the Obsession is killed but is then changed to someone else by Decisive Strike.

  • @ArecBalrin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/593438#Comment_593438

    This would be reassuring only if standards were consistent all across the board in DbD.

    Worst-case scenario I'm fearing here is that Ambush will count when STBFL tokens are deducted on attacking the Obsession but won't when building tokens from anyone else.

    I'm still in the dark about how the Obsession mechanics work in regards Dying Light specifically, when the Obsession is killed but is then changed to someone else by Decisive Strike.

    I believe dying light deactivates since your obsession isn’t dead anymore, you should bring myc with dying light to avoid DS, this way you’ll have a built in timer. :)

  • Those both say successful attacks, not basic attacks.

    I'd imagine that STBFL might not work with ambush anymore, but I'm pretty sure Sloppy and anything Exposed should still work. I haven't tried yet so I can't be sure.

    The only perks that specify "basic attack" are Dark Devotion, Infectious Fright, and MOM AFAIK.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Those both say successful attacks, they don't specific basic attacks.

    I'd imagine that STBFL might not work with ambush anymore, but I'm pretty sure Sloppy and anything Exposed should still work. I haven't tried yet so I can't be sure.

    The only perks that specify "basic attack" are Dark Devotion, Infectious Fright, and MOM AFAIK.

    But STBFL doesnt reduce the attack cooldown, but Sloppy Butcher works(old patch).

    In the text are the same words.

    This is why Im confused.

  • It's incredible how they are screwing her up even more. I pass from playing her after the last non sense patches she got. She is very weak.

    This change should means you can't one hit someone with ambush with: noed, make your choice, rancor, and also you don't get stack with STBFL and don't affect someone with sloppy butcher.


    So far o could only test sloppy butcher, and yes sadly it doesnt work with ambush.

  • @ShyN3ko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/593512#Comment_593512

    But STBFL doesnt reduce the attack cooldown, but Sloppy Butcher works(old patch).

    In the text are the same words.

    This is why Im confused.

    Right but you can still get STBFL tokens with Ambush prior to patch correct? I'm saying you might not now.

    I honestly think it's nothing to worry about. Probably had something to do with MOM or Infectious Fright, so if it's the latter it's a super slight nerf (but at the same time you have no TR during ambush so it wouldn't work anyway).

  • @thesuicidefox

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QdxIHAzQOg

    My theorie.

    No perk can work with the ambush.

    And for me, its a good dam buff.

    BTW I MUST SHARE THIS.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68JklKb2SBo


  • No more Franklin's Demise? :/

  • @ShyN3ko said:

    @Eninya

    Yes, but Mad Grid and STBFL are just insane.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICRIbwQjWP4

    I don't use either of those on her, since I don't play for heavy Ambushing outside of a farming build.

    Nowadays, I mostly run Ruin, Bamboozle, Spirit Fury, and Enduring. My other main build is Ruin, Make Your Choice, A Nurse's Calling, and NOED/Sloppy Butcher/Franklin's/Stridor.