Totem Discussion

So I want an open discussion; be friendly.

What if killers got to set totems, not the spawns but if they could pick where the totem is placed.

So walk up to a dull and get an "ignite totem" prompt and it places a random hex perk (if you have more than 1). Killers should be able to see dull totems as long as they still have a hex totem to place.

You loose time placing it but you gain potential. I often loose ruin in the first 2 minutes so I may as well have not brought it. I think this is a good idea as it also nerfs the 5 hex totem spirit which is a op build on any Spirit with a braincell. This might be harder for people like the Hag so this is where discussion is; Hag already has to set up so this kinda isn't a big deal.

Advantages: Control the hex placements.

Disadvantage: Set up time.

Posts an issue for survivors because the killer will know which totem is which and camp it a bit more but the counter play would be there.

Opinions?

Edit: Don't be toxic to each other, please.

Comments

  • Very interesting idea, but the thing is... what if all the 5 dull totems on the trial are already placed on really obvious spots?

  • That actually sounds pretty good... if you use like 1 or 2 totem perks. If you use 4 (and I know some ppl do) it would be annoying as hell to place them all yourself.

  • @harpuia said:

    Very interesting idea, but the thing is... what if all the 5 dull totems on the trial are already placed on really obvious spots?

    @harpuia This changes nothing.

    If the current system stays in place and this happens you are skrewed anyway.

    Choosing the location allows you to pick the least ######### one out of 5.

  • @PalletOrWhat said:

    That actually sounds pretty good... if you use like 1 or 2 totem perks. If you use 4 (and I know some ppl do) it would be annoying as hell to place them all yourself.

    But 4 totem perks needs a nerf anyway, it can be too hard to get totems on a non SWF group