Killer perk idea

No name as always .....


Alright so it's a token based perk you earn tokens by hooking/downing up to 3 tokens........ when you down the obsession gain an aura reading on all survivors, token 2- after hooking a survivor gain a 30% increase in speed in all actions (except movement speed) so vaulting, breaking pallets, picking up a survivor, breaking gens, pallet stun recovery, etc...... until you hook another survivor, token 3- gain the exposed status effect for 40 seconds. After the timer hits 0 your tokens are reset and you can gain them all again.


Now this is just spitballing as usual.... each effect could be different, the amount of tokens could be different as well... the basic idea is when you gain a token the next token you gain a different effect comes into play.......


Thoughts, ideas?

Comments

  • No name as always ..... Alright so it's a token based perk you earn tokens by hooking/downing.....

    This is really hard to comprehend, can you put this in a perk description format?


    Example


    Boil Over

    You are a battler and do everything to escape a foe's grasp. Your struggling effects on the Killer are increased by 25%/50%/75%. You obscure the Killer's ability to see Hook Auras within 10/12/14 meters.

  • No name as always ..... Alright so it's a token based perk you earn tokens by hooking/downing.....

    Seems like a great perk in my opinion, and it's an Obsession based perk! I think this perk would be great on all killers in my opinion! 😊

  • I think effect #3 is problematic. Imagine a survivor being close to the hook when the killer hooks and gets the 3rd token: Without any warning, the survivor is suddenly exposed.

    I mean, there is a reason why there is a minimum distance for Make Your Choice, for example.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    I think effect #3 is problematic. Imagine a survivor being close to the hook when the killer hooks and gets the 3rd token: Without any warning, the survivor is suddenly exposed.

    I mean, there is a reason why there is a minimum distance for Make Your Choice, for example.

    @NoShinyPony I was just putting out examples it doesnt have to be exposed.... the effect could be the entity blocking all the gens for a certain amount of time.... it needs to be worth gaining the tokens otherwise we'd have another fire up

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/76927/killer-perk-idea

    Seems like a great perk in my opinion, and it's an Obsession based perk! I think this perk would be great on all killers in my opinion! 😊

    Thank you @NMCKE :)

  • @Bravo0413 Blocking gens like Thrilling Tremors? I'm not a fan, that perk isn't good for most killers.

    The basic concept of getting different effects for tokens is fine. Do you have another idea for effect #3?

    Effects #1 and #2 would need some tweaking (it's currently unbalanced without aura reading range and the percentage number is too high).

    @NMCKE Do you want to get back into the discussion? You only wrote that it would be a great perk on all killers.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @Bravo0413 Blocking gens like Thrilling Tremors? I'm not a fan, that perk isn't good for most killers.

    The basic concept of getting different effects for tokens is fine. Do you have another idea for effect #3?

    Effects #1 and #2 would need some tweaking (it's currently unbalanced without aura reading range and the percentage number is too high).

    @NMCKE Do you want to get back into the discussion? You only wrote that it would be a great perk on all killers.

    @NoShinyPony

    I'll put Bravo's perk idea into a perk format to make it more understandable.


    Crunch Time

    Become Obsessed with a survivor. You'll start the Trial with a single token up to a maximum of 3 token, and each token will allow you to gain a different effect:

    • If you have 1 token, after downing the Obsession, see the auras of all survivors for 5/7/10 seconds while receiving a token.
    • If you have 2 tokens, after hooking a survivor, gain a 30% stackable buff that grants a speed bonus to picking up, dropping, pallet breaking, generator damaging, and vaulting while receiving a token. This effect will persist until the token counter resets itself.
    • If you have 3 tokens, after hooking a survivor, all survivors will suffer from the Exposed status effect for 40 seconds. Once the Exposed status effect expires from this perk, the token counter is reset back to 1 token.

    The killer can only be Obsessed with one survivor at a time.


    This looks really good, but I feel like you're getting the price of 3 perks for one perk. Therefore, I would suggest tuning down the effects of bullets 2 and 3 in my opinion.

  • @NMCKE Oh, I didn't mean that you should put it into perk format. I think it was understandable from the original post. :)

    I wanted to ask whether you would like to talk about the perk's effects. :)

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @NMCKE Oh, I didn't mean that you should put it into perk format. I think it was understandable from the original post. :)

    I wanted to ask whether you would like to talk about the perk's effects. :)

    @NoShinyPony

    I put it in Perk Format so I can comprehend the perk better, and it looks at whole lot neater!


    About the effects, I covered that in my previous comment! 😊

    This looks really good, but I feel like you're getting the price of 3 perks for one perk. Therefore, I would suggest tuning down the effects of bullets 2 and 3 in my opinion.

  • @NMCKE You think #1 is balanced? Tuning down #2 is indeed easy to be done by just lowering the percentage. What about #3?

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @NMCKE You think #1 is balanced? Tuning down #2 is indeed easy to be done by just lowering the percentage. What about #3?

    @NoShinyPony

    Bullet #1 is balanced, considering you have to find the Obsession and down them. Furthermore, if you cannot find the Obsession, you're stuck at bullet #1 until you can find them, so it adds counterplay for the Obsession only.

    Bullet #2 should be lowered to 10% instead of 30% since it wouldn't render both Brutal Strength and Fire Up useless. @Bravo0413's idea would be the new Brutal Strength and Fire Up if it kept the 30% to it sadly.

    Bullet #3 is tricky because would this perk warn survivors about the Exposed status effect? NOED doesn't and Rancor does. I don't know where this perk will be at with its Exposed status effect.


    If it warns survivors, the Exposed status effect should be 45 seconds in duration, otherwise it should be 30 seconds.

  • @NMCKE #1 isn't balanced. There is a reason why Infectious Fright shows locations instead of auras.

    I kind of agree with #2. Increase it to 20%. 10% is not enough of a bonus speed.

    Last, #3 isn't balanced, either. I explained above why that is.

  • I agree with @NMCKE with bullet 1.) This type of perk could bring out the greed in killers since you have to start the use of the perk by downing the obsession..... it could be some time before the use of this perk has begun---> but the pay off is what counts....

    Bullet 2.) Let's meet in the middle, I was just spitballing in the OG post so I wasnt taking into account of BS and fire up.... 15% could be solid....

    Now for bullet 3.) The tricky one........ on 1 hand if you're vs some peeps that have played the game for sometime theyll easily recognize what's going on... with the other hand itll be what @NoShinyPony pointed out..... the killer will hook someone and then the next survivor will be saying "#########!" Because for them it's out of nowhere.....

    the 3rd token needs to be highly rewarding because of how the perk works (needing to find the obsession in order to start) exposed does this..... maybe the sfx could play after hooking the 3rd token....

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/593744#Comment_593744

    @NoShinyPony

    I'll put Bravo's perk idea into a perk format to make it more understandable.

    Crunch Time

    Become Obsessed with a survivor. You'll start the Trial with a single token up to a maximum of 3 token, and each token will allow you to gain a different effect:

    • If you have 1 token, after downing the Obsession, see the auras of all survivors for 5/7/10 seconds while receiving a token.
    • If you have 2 tokens, after hooking a survivor, gain a 30% stackable buff that grants a speed bonus to picking up, dropping, pallet breaking, generator damaging, and vaulting while receiving a token. This effect will persist until the token counter resets itself.
    • If you have 3 tokens, after hooking a survivor, all survivors will suffer from the Exposed status effect for 40 seconds. Once the Exposed status effect expires from this perk, the token counter is reset back to 1 token.

    The killer can only be Obsessed with one survivor at a time.

    This looks really good, but I feel like you're getting the price of 3 perks for one perk. Therefore, I would suggest tuning down the effects of bullets 2 and 3 in my opinion.

    Damn this looks good! Lol

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @NMCKE #1 isn't balanced. There is a reason why Infectious Fright shows locations instead of auras.

    I kind of agree with #2. Increase it to 20%. 10% is not enough of a bonus speed.

    Last, #3 isn't balanced, either. I explained above why that is.

    There are benefits and cons on auras and location pings. With infectious fright for example, because it makes survivors scream and ping them, you can know if someone is in a locker. Lockers hide auras whereas they do nothing against screams.

  • @PolarBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/593931#Comment_593931

    There are benefits and cons on auras and location pings. With infectious fright for example, because it makes survivors scream and ping them, you can know if someone is in a locker. Lockers hide auras whereas they do nothing against screams.

    @PolarBear good point....

    Also it's nice to have someone else in the discussion :)

  • @PolarBear Aura reading is much more precise than locations and therefore more powerful in the majority of cases. Have you seen Nurses with I'm All Ears, for example?

  • @NoShinyPony I know but aura reading can in some cases (like bbq) be blocked by lockers. I know aura reading is 90% of the time more useful but on rare occasions pings can come in useful as well.

    It also mostly comes down to the perks themselves. Even if BBQ pinged survivors it would still see play and even if IF showed survivor's auras it would see play.

    In my case with IF I've had numerous times where I've downed a person and in a locker nearby a survivor screamed, forcing them to jump out and escape and (in most circumstances) get hit.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @PolarBear Aura reading is much more precise than locations and therefore more powerful in the majority of cases. Have you seen Nurses with I'm All Ears, for example?

    @NoShinyPony

    Shh, don't tell the developers about the Nurse wombo combo! Just kidding, it's actually pretty nasty to get hit by a Nurse using I'm All Ears.


    Now, about your response:

    #1 isn't balanced. There is a reason why Infectious Fright shows locations instead of auras.

    Maybe locations would balance #1, say, it reveals all survivors' locations for 5 seconds.


    I kind of agree with #2. Increase it to 20%. 10% is not enough of a bonus speed.

    Wouldn't 20% make Cruch Time a better Brutal Strength? I'm thinking 15% would be the sweet spot since it's not as strong as Brutal Strength, nor Fire Up.


    Last, #3 isn't balanced, either. I explained above why that is.

    I was about to say I couldn't find your comment, but I seen it just as I was about to post this comment. Then survivors should be warned about the Exposed status effect, so they can expect it and play around it.

  • @NMCKE

    Yes, I think #1 with locations instead of auras and #2 with 15% would be fine.

    And I could live with a warning for the exposed status. :)