What would happen if more and more players would play killers?

I have absolutely no idea what it looks like from the perspective of statistics, but it is easy to understand that the survivors must have been 4 times more than the killers, as there are 5 people, 4 survivors and 1 killer for one game. So the optimal database of survivors / killers in that case should be 80/20%.Considering that on the PC I am waiting for 15-30 minutes in the lobby, it seems to me that this balance is ALREADY violated. And I have the impression that this difference will be even deeper. Can there be a situation where the players' base will be say 50/50? Could this be a reason that will destroy the game?

Comments

  • I have said this SO MANY TIMES, and been harassed by killers for it (despite being a killer myself). If the devs continue to buff killers, then the game will be more balanced, leading to a 50-50 divide between survivors and killers, resultant killing the game. It's a sad truth that killer needs to be less attractive

  • I am in US West region and you can see the stats there is hardly ever the right amount of 80/20

    right now there are "38 killers and 101 survivors waiting in lobbies."

    Even in California there just isnt enough survivors in our region to make the lobbies faster when playing killer. This is why people in even more remote regions take 30 minutes to get a match as killer, ive seen someone in Australia wait over 1 hour for a match.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Many things effect queue times, most being:

    • New Matchmaking system
    • Time of day. Most survivors tend to play in the evening, with their friends in a SWF together. Other than that from my experience at least, it's mostly solo survivors. And solo survivor is a pretty bad experience usually
    • Your rank -- you may not have 80/20 players around your rank. Just because there's not 80/20 players around your rank, doesn't mean there isn't 80/20 players in the entire game
    • Region, again, same situation as above
    • New Matchmaking still has edge cases of people just not being able to fill in spots when it should, leaving some people to wait obscenely long times
    • Legitimately broken Killer lobbies, where only 3 spots will ever fill in and the 4th will never be filled

    I also play in the evening when I come back from work.

    As for the rank, it does not matter, because after two days of playing with a nurse, from 10 ranks I've driven to 2, and so after a long time I have players with 10/11 ranks, but it does not matter if it's a reset or not, it's just always there, only the rank of survivors gets changed.

    Region?, idk does it matter, but currently Eastern Europe.

    Yes, an error with three people happens more and more often

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/579636#Comment_579636

    Well there's your problem.

    Almost nobody is at red ranks yet, except very few people.

    Killer is notorious for ranking up quickly right after a rank reset with survivors taking a week or so to catch up. After all, 4 times the amount of survivors need to rank up, but not every survivor ranks up every match, even if they escape.

    Not to mention that killer rank is pointless since I've faced 1000 spirits try harding with Prayer Beads.

    Of course you are gonna rank up tryharding every match with OP builds.

  • On PS4 more people seem to play killer and survivor ques are a nightmare at night.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/579636#Comment_579636

    Well there's your problem.

    Almost nobody is at red ranks yet, except very few people.

    Killer is notorious for ranking up quickly right after a rank reset with survivors taking a week or so to catch up. After all, 4 times the amount of survivors need to rank up, but not every survivor ranks up every match, even if they escape.

    No buddy, sometimes even at the end of the season or in the middle, this things happen, which I pointed out in the previous post, the fact that there are no survivors on the red ranks does not matter. The system simply reads just anyone (new matchmaking) which means that I will meet inexperienced players that I annihilate so easy, which is another bad thing, but this is necessary evil like SWF.

  • Here in nz it is a nightmare to play anything but survivor due to q times at the moment, which was exasperated due to ghost faces launch, Freddy rework, people wanting bp during the event etc. Waited over 3 hrs recently to get a killer game (rank 12 mind you as well I hadn't had the time to rank up this season, despite the fact I'm always red ranks

  • @Andreyu44 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/579650#Comment_579650

    Not to mention that killer rank is pointless since I've faced 1000 spirits try harding with Prayer Beads.

    Of course you are gonna rank up tryharding every match with OP builds.

    If someone needs one of the most powerful addons in order to get a rank, it means that he is not a good player lmao

  • @GrootDude said:

    On PS4 more people seem to play killer and survivor ques are a nightmare at night.

    idk how this looks on consoles

  • @Maelstrom10 said:

    Here in nz it is a nightmare to play anything but survivor due to q times at the moment, which was exasperated due to ghost faces launch, Freddy rework, people wanting bp during the event etc. Waited over 3 hrs recently to get a killer game (rank 12 mind you as well I hadn't had the time to rank up this season, despite the fact I'm always red ranks

    3 hours... this is a hardcore lmao

  • We never get a straight answer to questions on population balance, the devs hide behind the ambiguity of it rather than work to clarify it.

    It goes like this: where do you take the measurement? You can take it when people join games, but that of course is always 1:4 killers-to-survivors now as matches don't start if someone disconnects while loading.

    You can measure it by how many are playing what role, right now, in matches. The problem is, it will always count the killer who has to stay the whole match, but would it count survivors who have escaped, died or quit? Measuring by 'time played as X' has the same problem; does waiting for a match count?

    There's actually only one way to get a somewhat accurate estimate as far as I can think of it, which is to take a randomised sample of players, measure how many times they finish a match(whether by winning, losing or quitting) as each role and then extrapolate the sample to the whole active playerbase over the period. This has a margin of error, as all sampling does, but is the most accurate.

    We do not know what the actual population balance looks like otherwise.

  • @ArecBalrin said:

    We never get a straight answer to questions on population balance, the devs hide behind the ambiguity of it rather than work to clarify it.

    It goes like this: where do you take the measurement? You can take it when people join games, but that of course is always 1:4 killers-to-survivors now as matches don't start if someone disconnects while loading.

    You can measure it by how many are playing what role, right now, in matches. The problem is, it will always count the killer who has to stay the whole match, but would it count survivors who have escaped, died or quit? Measuring by 'time played as X' has the same problem; does waiting for a match count?

    There's actually only one way to get a somewhat accurate estimate as far as I can think of it, which is to take a randomised sample of players, measure how many times they finish a match(whether by winning, losing or quitting) as each role and then extrapolate the sample to the whole active playerbase over the period. This has a margin of error, as all sampling does, but is the most accurate.

    We do not know what the actual population balance looks like otherwise.

    I agree overall, the fact that there are DCs, survivors can die ect. There are too many factors that affect the population balance. I think that even devs would have a problem getting these statistics.

  • Scratch that, I just realised the result will still a 1:4 ratio of killers-to-survivors.

    Edit: Or not. I really need coffee.

  • I have absolutely no idea what it looks like from the perspective of statistics, but it is easy to understand that the survivors must have been 4 times more than the killers, as there are 5 people, 4 survivors and 1 killer for one game.

    you already know whatll happen

  • Solo survivor has mostly been destroyed. Many have switched to killer. Maybe it is what BHVR wanted. If the only survivors playing are swf, killers can't dodge every lobby or else they can't play and they can continue to nerf survivor perks.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    Solo survivor has mostly been destroyed. Many have switched to killer. Maybe it is what BHVR wanted. If the only survivors playing are swf, killers can't dodge every lobby or else they can't play and they can continue to nerf survivor perks.

    This seems like devs instead fix the diffrence between solo and SWF, they want to remove solo survivor's from game, good job devs

  • I have absolutely no idea what it looks like from the perspective of statistics, but it is easy to understand that the survivors must have been 4 times more than the killers, as there are 5 people, 4 survivors and 1 killer for one game.

    More people would become educated on how to play this game