Hag ability to hit survivors when they trigger traps

Skill based or prediction based like sniping with a chainsaw?

Comments

  • @Hagging_Trapper said:

    It is a bit complicated and depends when you do it.

    First of all it is reaction time if you teleport to trap by notification. Hag do not maintain her velocity after teleport, so you can't use lunge attack. Basically, you just attack standing still after teleport, so moving survivor needs to be very close to you.

    Trap effect of flicking camera towards trap helps you to get those precious milliseconds to land a hit, but skilled survivors can recover fast or not even be affected by camera flick, if they rotate their camera constantly during move, especially if they are aware they face Hag.

    Trap rotates towards survivor, but during teleport Hag is facing last direction trap had, some survivors start to 360 when trap is triggered and Hag can miss hit if pressed right after teleport.

    If you teleport to trap during chase, you know that trap will trigger soon and if trap is standing at pathway, not in pallet, you will land hit almost guaranteed. But, only in case if you dont have effective range addons, which you should never use in first place.

    Traps in pallets are mindgame most of times, if you will miss timing a bit, survivor can drop pallet and avoid hit by stun. Especially if trap is pretty close to pallet.

    I like to use aura read addon with range addon at Hag, when trap is triggered in loop behind corner, I can see survivor's movement and either teleport or hit him normally if he's trying to run back and drop pallet.

    If you're in chase and hear notification, and you are not sure was that triggered accidently or by intention - do not teleport, you can miss hit at trap and lose chased person, cause triggered by intention will not give you a hit in 100% cases, survivor will be too far already.

    Hag needs some practice to recognize when to teleport and when not, and when you can spam hit on teleport and when you need to look around first to make decision.

    so why range addons are bad for hag?

  • @Hagging_Trapper said:

    Range addons is bad since trap triggers from further distance and survivor can react by changing direction outside of melee range after teleport.

    Also range addons cause traps trigger through walls, which is really bad. Survivor is running outside of shack and trap inside the shack will trigger for no value.

    And @Slayer Don't confuse teleport range and trigger range. I don't use trigger range much but when I do I can cover travel paths quite a bit better.

  • @thekiller490490 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/585116#Comment_585116

    And @Slayer Don't confuse teleport range and trigger range. I don't use trigger range much but when I do I can cover travel paths quite a bit better.

    You can cover travel paths quite a bit better? How exactly?