Now that the Freddy rework is upon us, who should get the next rework/major buff?

I have 3 in mind: Legion, Trapper, and Leatherface. Legion has the most useless power, but he's the newest of these 3 killers. Trapper is the oldest killer and the face of the game, but his trapping ability is quite poor/time consuming. Leatherface has a power that essentially is useless without speed or charge add-ons, rendering him an M1 killer that most people use to troll on survivors (basement/insidious LF). If I had to pick 1 of these 3 to happen next, I'd probably say LF, as he's the second worst killer in the game right now.

Comments

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/588079#Comment_588079

    Leatherface/Bubba is unquestionably the most underrated killer in the game. He is definitely -in the right hands and with a decent build- one of the stronger mid tier killers. The thing is most people have absolutely no clue how to use his chainsaw effectively and turn into M1 killers even against average survivors. That doesn't mean he's weak. It means most people just can't play him well.

    This is 100% true, it also applies to pre-rework Freddy.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/588515#Comment_588515

    @Yamaoka Legions power doesn’t need a total rework. The intention behind the FF idea is still a sound, solid idea (injure as many survivors as possible with DW in order to either get them off of gens for time whilst they mend, or render teammates unable to assist others for a short period whilst Legion has another survivor singled out after FF).

    However we all know the issue with the first iteration: tunnel stab stab stabby. Moonwalk stab stab stabby. 

    Now the current issue with the current iteration: survivors ignore DW and continue to repair gens within TR, completely mitigating one of the entire reasons FF exists. 

    I totally get MOST of the changes that were made to Legion. Most of them make sense. But there are some minor changes Legion needs to FF so it can have its intended effect during a trial whilst removing ANY possibility of players returning to the original stab stab stabby exploits:

    • Whether if Legion went back to no cool down on attack and no missed attack penalty or things stay as they are, as long as what remains is to have FF still immediately end and apply significant stun the moment Legion re-hits a survivor with DW applied (to discourage just singling out one survivor the moment FF is active). 
    • DW should be treated with urgency and should behave like Madness T3: except for chase actions whilst still within TR (vaults, pallet drops), a survivor should have all other interactions disabled except for the mend action.

    The Devs have a whole buffet of choices when it comes to buffs to Legion.

    • Increase the running speed and vaulting speed whine in FF
    • Remove the miss penalty or drastically decrease the stun duration
    • Bring back the ability to FF stab in order to decrease the mend time and eventually down the survivor
    • Remove the 50% penalty for hitting survivors with M1
    • Stop putting him out of the power for getting stunned by a pallet


    These are just from the top of my head. I'm not saying that all of these should be implemented. Just underlining that you could do many things. Most of the buffs are fairly easy to implement (I think). Devs will either have to delete code or simply change variables which shouldn't be that hard (I guess. Who knows what they use to program this game?).


    I really do agree though on the purpose of his power. It stalls the game. However, stalling the game doesn't mean winning it. We learned that lesson with old Freddy. Just making the survivors to mend for some time and then go back to being an M1 killer is not good enough to do well in games. Survivors just mend and go back to Gens while you are getting looped to death. I believe that letting you down Survivors with FF is one of the most important buffs.


    There shouldn't be any consideration about the Survivor's ability to simply ignore mending by doing Gens. It should be a thing. The only action you should be able to do is mend. I really don't know about what exploits, other than looking at the ground in a chase, you were talking about. Nobody is arguing that the timer is supposed to go down during the chase again. No idea what you mean by "tunnel stab stab stabby". This is what killer does. He hits people until they go down. I'm probably missing something. Could you please explain?

  • I remember the devs saying that the next killer they look into is Nurse

    Scared praying intensifies


    Then I remember them talking about Leatherface and another killer I don't remember

  • Well I love the legion, in fact he’s one of the two or three dlc killers I got. But his feral frenzy could use a rework. I could be mistaken here since I haven’t actually faced off against a legion player but when I play as legion, it seems to me the start of mending stops the bleedout timer. Which if that is correct kinda makes it pointless because the second they shirk off the legion they can just start mending immediately and nullify any bleedout so even if the legion catches them while they’re mending then basically nothing has happened. I could be wrong on that though. However if that is the case I think there’s a simple fix to the mechanic. Once the victim of feral frenzy has escaped from the legion, the counter doesn’t stop until fully mended or another chase ensues. Mending is already a fairly quick action so I think this would be a decent counter balance.

  • @Spicybarbecue said:

    selfishly I would like Trapper but in the interest of fairness I think Doc prolly deserves it the most.

    He needs like the smallest amount of tweaks. Just a few minor value changes and animation adjustments to match.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/588079#Comment_588079

    Leatherface/Bubba is unquestionably the most underrated killer in the game. He is definitely -in the right hands and with a decent build- one of the stronger mid tier killers. The thing is most people have absolutely no clue how to use his chainsaw effectively and turn into M1 killers even against average survivors. That doesn't mean he's weak. It means most people just can't play him well.

    He only has one set of addons that are viable. Nothing else is worth taking on him.

1 2 ›