Survivor Emblem System
Did something happen to it that I wasn't aware of? I find it very difficult to pip AT ALL now. I used to be rank 10, but now rank 14. When I escape and have really good rescues, did many generators and chases, I get a safe pip. But when I die, even with a decent amount of work I do, I always depip?! This is bad, I spent all day today trying to pip up, but I did not get any pips, I lost 4 pips today only, and the rest of games were safe pips. Is it a requirement to survive to actually get at least a safe pip now?
Comments
Ehi, ok i'll need some clarifications to better understand. Sorry if i'm going to make obvious questions. ๐
Are you playing on PC? If so did you jump into the PTB?
When you said "did something happen", since when are you talking about? When did you notice this change?
Also I think you are aware of this but just to be sure: pipping requirements now scale with ranks. The higher the rank you are, the tougher it is to black pip, pip and double pip.
Just wanted to throw this out of the way to be sure we're on the same page.
On PC, not on PTB. I am aware that it takes more work to rank up with higher ranks, but I noticed that even when I actively participate and do many of the generators, rescues, or chases, I would get a safe pip score, even with the most points out of all the rest of the survivors. I said "something happen" because I was taking a 3 week break from survivor because of massive tunneling, and started again last saturday. It really seems like it got updated so you can only pip with a "Perfect Game".
All of the emblems got upped in difficulty and it increases as you get to better ranks. In order to get a full emblem for generators you pretty much need to do 2.5 of them solo. In order to pip you need at least 2 full emblems or the equivalent and anywhere from a bronze to iridescent in another category depending on your rank group. The emblems have number values of 0(no emblem) to 4 iridescent. You need 9 points to get 1 pip at rank 20-17, 16-9 10, 8-5 11, and 4-1 12 for survivor. Ranges are slightly different for killer.
https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Emblems https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/RankIt may seem like you were doing a lot, but possibly you didn't hit benchmarks for emblems which if you are just shy of one all the work doesn't apply.
My guideline tends to be: 2 gens, 2 unhooks, try to survive for at least 9 minutes, and hope I can lose the killer in a chase or two. If I'm doing at least this (at green ranks), I'll usually safety pip or better.
That's the thing. It used to be easy for me, but in mid-yellow ranks (where I got deranked to currently) I usually either get found first and die to tunneling and farming, or get a decent game with good chases, rescues and gens. And in these games when I escape, I get just a little after safe pip, and when I die, I lose a pip no matter what. It just seems to have become extremely strict for me, and this is yellow ranks. Maybe I have become worse at this game? Or killers suddenly became better?
They buffed certain categories to give you points while in a chase if certain things are done by your team. You get lightbringer points from gens getting done while you're in a chase as well as totems being cleansed. So even if you're being chased you can still get a decent lightbringer while evader and unbroken are iridescent if you escape.
Honestly the worst part about bad ranks is dealing with other survivors who literally get downed within 10 seconds of getting injured. Not even sure how that's possible. One of the reasons I like running OoO is to get the killer to chase me instead of the potatoes.
You need 2.5 or so to max that category. 2 is overkill for gold and it's also split if you do gens with others. Same thing goes with unhooking 2(assuming you get safehook rescue) as it only gets you to 95 assuming you don't heal anyone and nobody dies. If someone dies you lose 10 because of the "hooked" reduction and you didn't get the unhooked global. They should really just change that to "dies" except moris don't trigger it.
Assuming you survive, that will be a safety pip and depending on rank could be a single pip like you said, but it's a waste of points to use those as benchmarks.