Luck actually affects chests

For the first two times i used 2% luck offering and found saboteur's toolbox and purple flashlight, and for the third time I used 3% luck offering and found red key.

20190706151324_1.jpg


Comments

  • Luck has always affected chests.

  • If you like that, you should combine Plunderer's Instinct and Ace in the hole.

    You won't be disappointed!

  • @popoles said:

    Luck has always affected chests.

    Luck has never affected chests. The devs confirmed this in a stream.

  • I thought that the devs thought about it, but didnt do it yet.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565380#Comment_565380

    It used to never effect chests (or effected them so little that there was no real difference). They changed it however after an event. Luck now effects chests, increasing rare item yield from chests, and certain luck thresholds will make it impossible to get items of poorer quality.

    @Sairek

    So, luck impacts chests now?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565380#Comment_565380

    It used to never effect chests (or effected them so little that there was no real difference). They changed it however after an event. Luck now effects chests, increasing rare item yield from chests, and certain luck thresholds will make it impossible to get items of poorer quality.

    Where is the evidence of this?

    There is nothing about that in the patch notes, nor have I heard that in any dev stream.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/565434#Comment_565434

    @NMCKE Yes, chests have been effected by luck since whenever the whole gift box event thing in the blood web was finished (I think that was the Christmas event?) So about half a year now.

    I don't remember exactly, but I believe luck effecting chests was part of the event, or there was some sort of change to chests during the event, but people liked it so much that it became a permanent feature, albeit tweaked a bit from how it was in the event.

    You misheard. They increased rarity of items available, allowing survivors to obtain ultra rare items in chests (Skeleton Key, Rainbow Map) even after the event was over.

    Luck offerings or perks themselves do not influence chests. They confirmed this recently (within 2 months or so).

    edit: Damn, I really can't find it. The summaries are done by different people, so it's hard to track them down. I know for a fact that Horvath said it in one of the streams.

  • I'ts been stated multiple times that luck does not affect chests. Luck only affect self-unhook chance.

  • It only affects self-attempt unhooks and bear traps. That is all.

  • Luck as a stat doesn't affect chests, but you can just get generally lucky. The 2% doesn't affect that though.

  • Luck doesn't affect chests. Which is kinda stupid.