Stop Making Garbage Status Effect Addons

I don't even need to see the PTB to predict the future.

New Freddy will have the usual glut of completely pointless status effect on hit/on sleep/on dreamsnare that do absolutely nothing useful.

"Oh boy, I can't wait for that mangled hit for 30 seconds when someone triggers my dream snare!" - Said nobody ever.


If you're going to make status effect addons, then make them ACTUALLY useful.

I'm talking about Clown's Solvent Jug. Stuff that you ACTUALLY want to run in a build.

Comments

  • They actually learned from this with Ghost Face.

    His Knife Belt and Leather Sheath both gave like a 10 second status effect, one was hemorrhage and the other was mangled.

    That being said, when Ghost Face officially came out they learned and changed them both to way better versions of what they originally were.

    I'm not saying this won't happen to Freddy either but... I don't think so. (kinda)

  • Let's just hope they fix Legion's Pins xd

  • I WAS RIGHT.

    I WAS RIGHT.

    WHAT DID I SAY?

    WHAT DID I SAY?

    I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!

    FREDDY HAS 100% GARBAGE, STATUS-EFFECT ADDONS.


    I am saddened by this revelation. I was really hoping for once, that I'd not be disappointed. =(

  • Hitting a survivor makes them mangled for one second.

  • Most of his addons are just copy pasted version of each other with pointless status effects that do nothing.

    I mean, seriously, why are we seeing hemorrhage by itself. That shouldn't ever be a thing. Hemorrhage is useless.

  • Mangled add-ons can be okay if they last for like 2 minutes+ or something even if they're not very interesting.

    Seeing that one total meme of an add-on that is the Legion pin that applies Broken, perhaps that could be more interesting... because you can't instaheal while you're broken ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

  • @oxygen said:

    Mangled add-ons can be okay if they last for like 2 minutes+ or something even if they're not very interesting.

    Seeing that one total meme of an add-on that is the Legion pin that applies Broken, perhaps that could be more interesting... because you can't instaheal while you're broken ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

    I thought that as well, but here's the joke though.

    You can't use medkits while you have Deep Wounds. Mending action takes priority over healing, so you couldn't instaheal anyways even without the Broken status effect addon on Legion.

    Makes it go from niche use to flat out useless beyond useless. Oh, and you have to hit that same target with FF twice then enjoy that nice, long FF stun! :D

  • I don't think they'll ever make new exhaustion addons and I'm so glad about that

  • @tehshadowman33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/569968#Comment_569968

    I thought that as well, but here's the joke though.

    You can't use medkits while you have Deep Wounds. Mending action takes priority over healing, so you couldn't instaheal anyways even without the Broken status effect addon on Legion.

    Makes it go from niche use to flat out useless beyond useless. Oh, and you have to hit that same target with FF twice then enjoy that nice, long FF stun! :D

    Yeah the pin add-ons are just silly which is why I called it a total meme, but letting more add-ons apply broken would give them a niche use for those games where you get this funny voice in your head that says "see those 4 medkits? you KNOW what they are, don't you?"

    EDIT: and I didn't even think of the fact that DW has that effect, but as it's just extra holding m1 without even skillchecks I'd honestly prefer broken.

  • @oxygen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/569977#Comment_569977

    Yeah the pin add-ons are just silly which is why I called it a total meme, but letting more add-ons apply broken would give them a niche use for those games where you get this funny voice in your head that says "see those 4 medkits? you KNOW what they are, don't you?"

    EDIT: and I didn't even think of the fact that DW has that effect, but as it's just extra holding m1 without even skillchecks I'd honestly prefer broken.

    Considering someone has to be outside of chase to WANT to mend, there's zero point to the broken status. I mean, are competitive survivors literally gonna do a mend, then wanna do a heal while Legion is on the other side of the map? Gimme a break.

    Besides, if you waste the time two-hitting someone with FF, you're GOING to tunnel them unless another juicier target walks past, like an injured survivor who's on death hook, etc.,

  • @artist said:

    I don't think they'll ever make new exhaustion addons and I'm so glad about that

    Unless they buff Blindness's effects, or add Deafness somewhere cool, Exhaustion is pretty much the only interesting status effect left aside from Broken, but devs never add Broken to anything actually good.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Those addons seem rather boring.

    They're awful for the most part.

    I think at least the number of builds you can theory craft is about the same as old Freddy though, I hope.

    I mean, who in their right mind is going around in the dream world knocking over every pallet they think is a fake? You're not going to be able to capitalize on any of that. Ironically, aura revealed on triggered traps at least is SOMEWHAT useful on Hag, I guess.

  • Ikr, Freddy was a garbage, now he will be meme od garbage, devs just bring him into anothe level, idk why but i feel like this is NERF

  • @noneofyourbusiness said:

    Ikr, Freddy was a garbage, now he will be meme od garbage, devs just bring him into anothe level, idk why but i feel like this is NERF

    His teleport gives 3 seconds of telegraphing his arrival.

    That's a maximum 12m of distance between you and a survivor even before you have time to determine what direction they ran off into, which let's assume that's around 0.5 seconds to ascertain the direction to go chase them.

    That leaves approximately 14m of distance created between Freddy and Survivor.

    I mean, obviously, Freddy has those teleport addons, but this sounds like only a slightly better deal than Legion, who creates a 16m distance, if I'm remembering right, between survivor and Legion after FF ends on self stun.