Freddy might be viable and here is why

Let me start off by saying if I got any facts about the freddy rework wrong please correct me. I really want freddy to be good but it looks like he will still be ass.

Ok so if you didnt get this, Freddy now has a mapwide sleepzone which constantly makes survivors fall asleep within 60 seconds. After those 60 seconds the survivor can wake up by failing a skillcheck or being woken up by another awake survivor... additionally they can find a clock on the map and interact with it akin to the pigs trapboxes.

The other part of freddy´s kit is that he can place dream snares which are easy to place but only affect survivors once they are fully asleep (so basically you cant use his power in the first 60 seconds in the game).

Summarized: It is now easier to wake up, being asleep doesn´t debuff the survivor at all, Freddy has NO TOOL TO PUT SURVIVORS ASLEEP FASTER and freddys power is useless if you are awake.

This just doesnt look viable at all to me.

Edit: When a survivor gets hit they are immediately put into dream state. I didnt know that and it wasnt said on stream but this seems to be the case.....

Comments

  • And I'm not saying it should be a free hit, it's just that it essentially does nothing but contest 1 gen while others survs will rush the others, which will weaken you because his new power is weak to gen rush.

  • @Plu said:

    And I'm not saying it should be a free hit, it's just that it essentially does nothing but contest 1 gen while others survs will rush the others, which will weaken you because his new power is weak to gen rush.

    I in fact think he is gonna have great viability.

  • Elaborate, I don't see how a killer that lose his power because survs have more control over it than he does is " Viable".

  • Let me start off by saying if I got any facts about the freddy rework wrong please correct me.

    It seems that nobody was informed of a thing ... if freddy hits an awakened survivor, he sends it to the world of dreams immediately ^^

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/562719#Comment_562719

    I would suggest that you're underestimating the ability to cross the entire map and start a chase in the span of three seconds. It's not meant to be a free hit, it's for utility and saving time.

    @Plu said:

    3 secs is enough to get to a safe pallet because map design

    According to the Roadmap of Bhvr for this year, the maps will be more "balanced" and we will be able to compare if the killers in bad positions improve! since the map rework is a very important thing for the game, in addition to the rush that is another subject, but if the maps are adapted perhaps the rush will be solved.

1 2 ›