Trapper now stepping in own traps

I had not played Trapper for a while and now going back to him I've started stepping in my own traps A LOT. It used to be a very rare occasion that I would be so clumsy.

Have they changed the distance from where I can see trap auras? Has anyone else had an increase in self-mutilation since one of the recent patches?

Comments

  • It's just easier to lose track of them when you're trying to run all over the place. You have to place them outside of your preferred travel routes.

  • This is precisely why I don't play trapper lol. Worst killer for me.

  • Their aura kinda vanish if you get too close, so you need to remember where you put them down.

  • I had not played Trapper for a while and now going back to him I've started stepping in my own traps A LOT.

    You might have something - one game with trapper I went to disarm a trap near a switch that was plainly visible, and just got sucked right into it. Literally, I was standing a safe distance away then suddenly trap went off and I was physically moved on top of it. That's not latency either.

  • The trick for trapper now is to place traps in places where survivors run to get a sight advantage against killer and loose him/her like the cornfields, place your traps in the corn and make the perimeter your hunting ground, they won't stand a chance.

  • It's a problem because I never remember where I've put them and if I put one at a jungle gym, I'm not going to see it until one of us (usually me) runs into it. I don't remember the auras disappearing in earlier patches. I don't even know if it is a bug.