So where exactly is the detection point for Ghostface?
Because it's definitely not in the center of my screen.
Because it's definitely not in the center of my screen.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It's incredibly buggy and frustrating in my experience. Sometimes I barely even see him and I instantly reveal him, sometimes he's dead center of my screen, standing out in the open and it refuses to work.
I was actually going to post about this as well. There are times when I can literally snipe-reveal him from half the map away while working on a generator. But, for instance, while being chased, it just doesnt even detect him.
Yeah. I certainly haven't figured it out yet.
@Peanits any comments?
In my own testing in KYF, it seems like as you are running away from Ghost Face, your own hit box blocks a significant portion of his. This makes it significantly harder to reveal him or sometimes it is impossible.
As far as I can tell, its a cone that starts at the base of your screen and spreads as it reaches the top. That explains why its hard to detect GF if he's right in your face, but easier to detect at further range. It also explains why lowering your angle of view when looking at him is more effective at detecting him than focusing the center of your vision on him, and why survivors can more easily detect him this way while ducking behind cover. Overall it feels a bit broken since it enables survivors to detect him without ever presenting a target. If they gave the survivors an invisible pointer like the red stain on killers that had further range, but still emanating from their heads, it could at least be obstructed by objects right in-front of the survivors face, which would force them to have to stand up from behind cover to detect him, and feel a bit more balanced.
Otherwise if it is a cone and they inverted it so its narrow at the top, and wide at the middle to bottom, that would make detecting GF easier at mid to close range, but harder at long range, which would also make detecting him more difficult from behind cover, and also feel a bit more balanced IMO.
While it feels like a cone, I honestly don't know if it is, so this is all just speculation, and suggested changes for better balance, based on how it has felt playing as him and playing against him.