Boil Over not working
First of all I know here is not where I should put this issue but It seems that I can't select the "Bug report" in the category list for some reason
I was testing Boil Over I with Kate Denson but it didn't work. I thought it may be the killer using "Iron Grasp" but checked and the killer wasn´t using that perk
After I checked with David King because I have reached the third level of the perk. Again the killer wasn't using "Iron Grasp".
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
It doesn't work and it sucks. 14 is not enough and 75% should be buff to 100% to truly counter iron grasp. It should also accelerate the wiggle meter by 25%. I don't know it just feels like there's always a hundred hooks in every nook and cranny on the map. There's no opportunity for Mind Games, does it matter where you go because there's always a hook right around the corner.
It works on me alright, it is a bumpy ride to a hook with Kate or any survivor using that perk. It is just a minor inconvenience though
Just to be sure, which part is not working of Boilover? The hooks hidden aura, or the extra struggling effects?
You can't mind game a hook. If you've been getting hooked due to trying to mind game something you can't mind game I feel bad for you. Yeah if it was to accelerate the speed of wiggling then it would need to lose everything else it does.
The part of the struggling effect. I don´t really know about the hook hidden auras as I play solo.
Sorry. I didn't thought the question could lead to a misunderstand. I was talking about the extra struggling effect wich is zero.
Sorrry, my mistake.
Well, mind games with hooks is impossible I think. Anyway I think is a comment for another topic.
I didn't mean about the hooks, I meant in general. Basically there's very little you can do regarding hooks. Even if you sabotage hooks, there's still ten other hooks in the area. Especially coupled with iron grasp.
Why would it have to lose everything else it does? Doesn't iron increase wiggle meter by 25% and reduce the struggle Effects by 100%? Besides I'm not even sure that would make a difference, like I said there are hooks everywhere.
Ok i understand. But sorry if i'm saying the obvious, just want to be sure we're on the same page:
you're talking about the extra struggle effects on wiggling (so killers move way more because of you), and not the speed of charging up the wiggle bar to free yourself, right?
Some people do get confused of the effects, so i want to leave the confusion out of the way. 👍️
Is not necessary to apologize and I am talking about the speed up. Sorry I said effect because it has effect on the struggling bar. My apologies again.
Wiggle bar* I can't edit my comment because my PC freeze.
It's ok, i understand now. 😀
Ok so this is the thing that confuse many people. Boil over doesn't speed up the wiggle bar. So if the normal Wiggle duration is 15 seconds, even if you use Boil over it will still take 15 seconds. The extra struggle effect that you see mentioned in the perk is the fact that during those 15 seconds, your wiggle effects (so the fact that the killer moves around while carrying you) are stronger, so it is harder for the killer to go straight, making it more likely to bump objects in the way.
Is it clearer now? So the fact that it takes you 15 seconds to free yourself with Boil over is not a bug. It would be a bug if while carrying you the killer does not have extra difficulty in moving straight.
I hope i explained it better, and if this is already what you meant from the beginning i apologize for not understanding until now. But do let me know if this is the case so we can actually pin point the bug you're talking about! 👍️
Thank you. My apologies. I guess it was a bug when the bar was faster Right? Because I remember using the same perk and the wiggle bar was faster before. Then it was my mistake then. Thank you for the provided help.
You're welcome, and please no need to apologize! 😁
Mhm honestly i don't remember a time where the wiggle bar was faster... So can't help out on that, i'm afraid.
Could definitely have been a bug though, since i don't remember a time it was intended by design since Boil Over was out. 👍️
Well some friends of mine thought also so I think it was a bug. Actually it was a nice idea against "Iron Grasp" because "Iron Grasp" make the wiggle bar slower, maybe a perk who can counterplay it in a future would be cool, I hope the devs have something like that in their plans.
Anyway as my question is answered I think someone need to close this post Right? Sorry I joined a few days ago so still I need much to learn.
No worries, all is good! 😁
And yes, i can close this thread for you.
See you around!