Running Chrome, commenting only starts to get laggy if I type more than a paragraph, but editing a comment or post gets extremely laggy right away, and then locks up giving me "the page is unresponsive. Wait/Exit Page" message. Haven't tried other browsers yet, but this has been going on for the past few days, and I've started typing out my messages/comments in notepad to copy+paste them in order to post anything. If i don't do that, it'll get laggy, or crash, and I'll have to retype everything. I get the impression that the frequent "Draft Saved at" messages may have something to do with this, as the more time you spend in a post commenting or writing, the worse it seems to get.
High cpu usage when I writing a posting. Reading and reloading the forum pages is no problem.
But as soon as I write a posting, the cpu usage goes up. When I write long postings, I can even look how the letters slowling gettings displayed, while I already writing 2 sentences forward of the actual displayed sentence.
I use the firefox 64-bit and I have test it with and without no-script and ad-block.
And... Sorry for the doublepost again, but... When I write a second posting shortly after a first one, it only starts to getting worse. Also editing for as example typos is a bad idea. Then Firefox starts rambling that this page makes the browser slower.
That's also the reason why I have make now a doubleposting^^.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Running Chrome, commenting only starts to get laggy if I type more than a paragraph, but editing a comment or post gets extremely laggy right away, and then locks up giving me "the page is unresponsive. Wait/Exit Page" message. Haven't tried other browsers yet, but this has been going on for the past few days, and I've started typing out my messages/comments in notepad to copy+paste them in order to post anything. If i don't do that, it'll get laggy, or crash, and I'll have to retype everything. I get the impression that the frequent "Draft Saved at" messages may have something to do with this, as the more time you spend in a post commenting or writing, the worse it seems to get.
I have the same problem.
High cpu usage when I writing a posting. Reading and reloading the forum pages is no problem.
But as soon as I write a posting, the cpu usage goes up. When I write long postings, I can even look how the letters slowling gettings displayed, while I already writing 2 sentences forward of the actual displayed sentence.
I use the firefox 64-bit and I have test it with and without no-script and ad-block.
And... Sorry for the doublepost again, but... When I write a second posting shortly after a first one, it only starts to getting worse. Also editing for as example typos is a bad idea. Then Firefox starts rambling that this page makes the browser slower.
That's also the reason why I have make now a doubleposting^^.