What if the emblem system treated hatch camping the same way it treats HOOK camping.

Currently, when a killer stays too close to the hook when there's no survivors around, their emblems get dinged by it. What if a similar thing occurred to a survivor who camps the hatch while waiting for their teammates to die. As long as you're not doing an objective that just happens to be close to hatch, or being close to the killer, your emblem points start getting hit. This'll hopefully persuade ppl to actually help their teammates until the ACTUAL end, rather than just being dead weight.

Comments

  • No player should be forced to play poorly to avoid penalties.

  • How is that playing poorly?

  • @LordGlint said:

    How is that playing poorly?

    If the killer is stomping, you can bet your ass I will let every single one of my teammates die and then look for the hatch instead of exposing myself to the killer. I expect no more or less from them, should I get caught.

  • I've seen ppl hatch camping with 3 survivors and 1 gen left though

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/550550#Comment_550550

    If the killer is stomping, you can bet your ass I will let every single one of my teammates die and then look for the hatch instead of exposing myself to the killer. I expect no more or less from them, should I get caught.

    @Orion That made me laugh lol but I agree.

  • @LordGlint said:

    I've seen ppl hatch camping with 3 survivors and 1 gen left though

    Lead the killer to them and finish the last generator.

  • Why should sacrificing your teammates ever be considered "good play"

  • @LordGlint said:

    Why should sacrificing your teammates ever be considered "good play"

    You're turning a useless teammate into a useful distraction while you get everyone out. Sounds like a good move to me.

  • I mean on EITHER end, whether that be camping hatch waiting for your teammates to get caught and killed, or leading killer to a teammate and HOPING they change targets.

  • @LordGlint said:

    I mean on EITHER end, whether that be camping hatch waiting for your teammates to get caught and killed, or leading killer to a teammate and HOPING they change targets.

    Turning a useless teammate into a useful one is not a bad move. Waiting for the hatch is not a bad move either, since most survivors won't think to rat you out (case in point, your reaction to the very idea of doing so) - it's low-risk, high-reward.

    Note that both my statements presuppose your goal is to escape. If your goal is something else, then they might not be true.

  • With that argument, why should the killers emblems be artificially hit for doing HIS job of making damn sure the guy on the hook dies?

  • @LordGlint said:

    With that argument, why should the killers emblems be artificially hit for doing HIS job of making damn sure the guy on the hook dies?

    They shouldn't, which is why I was (and still am) against it.

  • This is tempting because I've had situations where I have looped the killer for 10 minutes (literally 10 minutes once) and not a single gen was done because the survivor sat on the hatch the entire time I've been chased. But no the objective is to survive especially if you have a teamate that isn't that good ofc you would hatch camp.

  • Just sucks when games just turn into sandbag Olympics over the hatch.

  • I feel like 2 survivors sandbagging each other for the hatch should be the next Samnation video, ending in Claudette stealing the weapon from a very confused Trapper, killing her teammate off screen and getting hatch.