Should There Be A Gen Requirement On Hatch?

I play both roles and I honestly kinda liked the 2 gen requirement. Even if your team is bad, you should still have enough time to do two generators. People SHOULD have a way out on rare occasion their team is bad, but they SHOULD NOT be given a free escape. I believe this is what the gen requirement did. Even if you got hatch, you worked for your escape. If the killer can hold all 5 gens or even 4 then do you really deserve to escape? Ever since the gen requirement was removed I see a lot of survivors not caring. As killer I see survivors let their team die on hook as they have no incentive to save them since they don't have to do gens, and as survivor I have been left to die by someone who didn't help at all, but still managed to take hatch with five gens left (yes, it was a terrible game for us. We got wrecked.). I feel like the gen requirement should be put back in place. Even if it is only one gen required to be done.

Comments

  • It theory yes as it gives survivors an incentive but in practice it could lend to trolls taking the game hostage again.

    The reason for the change was simply to end the game quicker as you will gain more bloodpoints by moving onto a new one.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    All that happened was when the hatch didn't spawn, survivors just went immersed and wasted the killer's time, forcing them to DC or spend forever trying to find them.

    Rather just get on with the next game 3k or 4k than be forced to spend 30+ minutes to find the last survivor or have to take Whisperers.

    This did happen on rare occasion and when it did it was pretty annoying, but it didn't happen often to me at least. When it did, it only took me a couple of minutes to find them

  • I was watching my friend play killer once the last survivor decided to hide for 1 hour and 35 minutes. This is why we don't have a gen requirement anymore

  • Seems two gen is fair, but then that defeats the purpose of EGC. If we got back to two gens minimum and get a case with no gens are done and last survivor, no hatch appears for killer to close and start EGC. Then you have a stand off again, survivor cannot do gens cause that is death alone (killer can patrol the map much faster than gens get done), and killer may not find hiding survivor. It would make left behind useful again - but still niche perk.

    That's the price of being able to close the hatch now I guess.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    It theory yes as it gives survivors an incentive but in practice it could lend to trolls taking the game hostage again.

    The reason for the change was simply to end the game quicker as you will gain more bloodpoints by moving onto a new one.

    I know it gives me more points to move on. I just don't like the idea of a free escape. I believe both sides should have to put in effort for them to reach their end objective. I can see what you mean about the trolls though.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    I was watching my friend play killer once the last survivor decided to hide for 1 hour and 35 minutes. This is why we don't have a gen requirement anymore

    That's insane! I don't know how it would work with a gen requirement in that case. I would of quit as the survivor at that point.

  • @darktrix said:

    Seems two gen is fair, but then that defeats the purpose of EGC. If we got back to two gens minimum and get a case with no gens are done and last survivor, no hatch appears for killer to close and start EGC. Then you have a stand off again, survivor cannot do gens cause that is death alone (killer can patrol the map much faster than gens get done), and killer may not find hiding survivor. It would make left behind useful again - but still niche perk.

    That's the price of being able to close the hatch now I guess.

    They do say everything comes with a cost. I guess this was it.