Changes I'd like to see for the better quality of life for the Trapper
I'm just going to run down some things that I would like seeing:
I've seen this everywhere, from Youtube to people on the forums: Walking around the whole map looking for and placing the traps is a waste of time. Why not make them a custom handle with 2 traps or in lockers.
Traps are larger: It's too easy for survivors to just run past a trap, and it should be reinforced with better trap placements, but make the size of it a bit bigger, too easy to just get around.
Traps are darker: I don't care about the addons, it's too easy to know by common knowledge where a trap would be, and if not, you can easily see it. Make it a tad bit darker.
Traps should have a 25% chance of hurting the target when sabotaged: I'm serious, like come on, it's a bear trap. Not to spread logic because it's a video game, but the addons are literally what makes his power good, by itself it's really underwhelming. (Make it so 1/4 of the time it actually puts them in the injured state).
Trapper gets a visual notice: Even if you happen to put your ears to work, it doesn't matter. You simply do not know where the trap was disarmed at, when. Give him a visual effect.
Last but not least, traps give the survivors a mangled effect: Just an idea!
And as you all can obviously see, it's his underwhelming. power which needs buffs.At the end of the day, I would like to see one of these implemented, or tweaked for the better, not every single one should be added but just 1 or 2. Post your discussion below :)
Comments
Yes, I agree with all of this, it'd be nice to see trapper get some much needed QoL buffs, he's in dire need of them. I also like the idea people suggest that he just starts with all of his traps (bar the auto set addon, these could be random placement as usual or better yet activate once a trap is deactivated they auto reset and can re-place/move set traps etc)
Pretty good ideas sadly behavior thinks trapper is fine the way he is :/
I agree with this and also survs shouldn't be able to dead hard past a trap either
I do see why it is ridiculous that survivors can dead hard past.
He need at least 2 traps as default tbh
One of the best QoL thing Trapper can get is the ability to reset traps without having to pick them up first. Trapper have to waste so much time picking up a trap first in order to arm it..
really all he needs is to start with all his traps
I'm all for these, but am I really the only person who can tell what trap was just popped with the sound and common sense?
Make traps stay in the location they were placed. Currently they move slightly when triggered AND after a survivor gets out, sometimes even into walls. This makes one ultra rate addon of his useless as he still jas to reposition those traps.
Make it so the longer the survivor stays in the trap, the higher the chances of coming out of the trap in the dying state, and also make it not a percentage chance but a logrithmic chance with it starting off the same but getting progressively more difficult. Also give him the ability to carry an extra trap, and a natural resistance to stuns/strength for breaking pallets and I think he would be great