lag switching?
hello! i recently got accused of lag switching by a survivor while playing ghostface and i didnt actually know what that was until i looked it up after.
i never did anything to trigger a lag switch and was wondering if i can get banned for this?
3 of the 4 survivors disconnected as i hit/hooked them and the last one accused me and was quite mean about it.
i really hope someone can help because i really enjoy this game and it was my like 5 or 6th time playing as a killer. i share an internet with 4 other people and now im really worried :/
Comments
you can't get banned unless you're proper lagswitching. He was probably complaining cause the idiot didnt check ping in the lobby and refused to take blame, so he accussed you of lag switching to cover himself. Ignore him, he was just another salty survivor who failed because he wasn't paying attention and hates that you didn't let him go.
@pines It's easy to tell if someone is lag switching and they need video proof. Without video proof, nothing will happen. Even then, if its just random lag spikes, it won't be a bother. I wouldn't worry about it.
i just feel really bad cuz two of my games before hand disconnected and then this happened :/
the guy said they had a video? but i didnt do anything and of course now im confused and terrified cuz i dont want to get banned for something i didnt do
I was playing on my laptop last weekend and I was playing the trapper and two survivors got super mad because they said I was lag switching and they were from Brazil and I'm in Argentina. Ofc you're gonna be laggy if you're over 1000 km away xD
@Sairek
ok thanks, it’s reassuring knowing i’m not then the only one. thanks you guys, you’re the mvps! (:
lag switching tends to be really obvious. the killer stands still, you cease to be able to play the game, and you suddenly teleport next to him, usually on the ground
I just faced a Nurse in Yamaoka. She couldn't catch me. I was running around the killer shack and she lost me. There was a gen inside the shack, she left so I went back to touch it to stop the regression. She came back and started looking for me. She saw me and suddenly my game froze, then I could manage to run, or so I thought, I appeared right next to her, downed back at the place I was standing where she saw me haha