Endgame Collapse [IDEA]

So for the most part I really like the EGC, especially visually as it's just added something to the game. My issue is with the gens. One thing I used to love as a survivor was the intensity of knowing I had to have at least 2 gens fixed to be able to find the hatch, so when my teammates were dropping like flies and nothing was being done, it just added the pressure and made everything feel like life and death, which is what this game should feel like. Now you just get serpent-like teammates who want you to die on the hook as they no longer need you to help them with gens.

My idea would be to bring back the stipulation that at least 2 generators need to be fixed for the hatch to spawn in for the last survivor, but it can still be closed by the killer, and if it is, this would trigger the EGC as normal. This way, survivors have to put in the work and feel the pressure and not just hope for their teammates demise, and killers can still stop the unbearable hatch stand off scenario.

What are peoples thoughts on this? I think this change would be fair for both parties involved, but maybe I am missing something. Interested in feedback. :)

Comments

  • The EGC and the new hatch spawn mechanic got introduced to remove hostage-holding situations. If you'd need two gens for the hatch to spawn, then this would leave more room for hostage situations.