Story time with TORMENTED
So as I've said in other discussions, I'm not against camping so long as its viable. But if you camp from the get go, I'm not defending you. So here's a story of my own little revenge against a camping wraith....
Not long into a game on Lerys, and first person goes down completely opposite end of the map from me. I'm trying to work on a gen, so I rely on the others to save them. They do, but he is down instantly. I knew instantly that it was a camping wraith. So I left it alone, got two genders done, and by this time the first survivor was dead, and the second was hooked. I thought surely he isn't camping two in a row, I got save him, only to get jumped by the wraith. Of course he goes after the guy I unhook, and it takes a while for him to get caught again. But he still dies after the 4the gen is done. The other guy gets caught and gives up on the hook. But im already being chased...
Luckily, went ended up at the hatch (I didn't even know where it was), and it was hatch standoff time (ugh!!). So I notice next to the hatch is a little area where if someone stood in, they could get blocked in by another person. And the wraith stood there eventually. So I blocked him in. He couldn't move. Not even a little. And I just kept pointing at him, shaking my body or nodding (basically saying don't camp like that).
This goes on for Ten minutes... Until he finally cracks and hits me. The abuse i got was astounding in PSN messages.
Using the games environment, I punished a killer for not being fair to those he camped. What do you guys think? Did he deserve to suffer being stuck in one spot?
Sorry its a long one. I have plenty other great moments to share if you're interested that are shorter!
Not long into a game on Lerys, and first person goes down completely opposite end of the map from me. I'm trying to work on a gen, so I rely on the others to save them. They do, but he is down instantly. I knew instantly that it was a camping wraith. So I left it alone, got two genders done, and by this time the first survivor was dead, and the second was hooked. I thought surely he isn't camping two in a row, I got save him, only to get jumped by the wraith. Of course he goes after the guy I unhook, and it takes a while for him to get caught again. But he still dies after the 4the gen is done. The other guy gets caught and gives up on the hook. But im already being chased...
Luckily, went ended up at the hatch (I didn't even know where it was), and it was hatch standoff time (ugh!!). So I notice next to the hatch is a little area where if someone stood in, they could get blocked in by another person. And the wraith stood there eventually. So I blocked him in. He couldn't move. Not even a little. And I just kept pointing at him, shaking my body or nodding (basically saying don't camp like that).
This goes on for Ten minutes... Until he finally cracks and hits me. The abuse i got was astounding in PSN messages.
Using the games environment, I punished a killer for not being fair to those he camped. What do you guys think? Did he deserve to suffer being stuck in one spot?
Sorry its a long one. I have plenty other great moments to share if you're interested that are shorter!
Comments
dont get me wrong I agree that for me your experience would be tilting however I think you are putting yourself in a position for actual bannable bullying. I do not have a solution to the perceived issue, a less entertaining experience because of a killers right to choose a less then interesting way to play ( a wraith is one of the least powerful and more boring killers imo to play as) But I don’t believe it is your right to punish him by holding him hostage in a match.
This is not holding the game hostage.
At any point the Wraith could have hit the Survivor to end the game either by downing or relinquishing the hatch (which he did).
I hate the hatch standoff, but I wasn't giving him another kill regardless. Thanks for pointing this out to me. I don't stuff like this any other time, so I'm not one for being toxic or just a d%ck
Getting that 4th Gender is very important.
No.
Survivors cannot body block a Killer to hold a game hostage.
Especially at the hatch, that is just stupid.
Also @Tizzle a opinion you or anyone else don’t agree with isn’t inherently stupid just because you disagree.
It is stupid because it's completely wrong.
At any time the Killer can hit the Survivor to get out of that situation.
This in no way, shape, or form is "holding a game hostage".
You have nothing to worry about.