What are the nerfs about Ghostface?
So I got little chance to try Ghost face in PTB, and yes he was too easy to reveal I agree on that. Now on live version. We play stare contest with him and 10 times out of 10 he wins. There is almost zero chance for you to reveal him before you got the exposed status. So he stalks you and you don't see him, which is the normal power I presume. However you see him stalking you and either try to escape or reveal him which you will fail on both. Because either he stalk chase you and got that exposed out of you in no time, or you stare each other try to center your camera, hoping to reveal him and prey he wouldn't move an inch. If not, you got exposed status again. Because your reveal process resets if he moves, but his stalk process goes on even if you move or run or hide.
And as playing as Ghost face, I do the same tricks, stalk them running and hit them. I don't have to be stealthy.
So if I clarify,
- it is too difficult to center the camera and begin the process of revealing even if he stares you in the face and even worse if he keeps moving behind objects. It is completely unfair and I believe not at all what is intended with the character power.
- He is fast, like normal killer speed. So basically he doesn't need to be stealthy at all. He just keeps coming after you until all the pallets are down. And depending on the team you have either they finish up gens before all the pallets are gone or you all die.
- All killer have pallet limitation on their powers. So why Ghost face whose power regeneration is almost instant should not have that limitation. Besides isn't it the point of his power to be stealthy. So if I dropped pallet on him I most certainly see him.
What I think, Ghost face is an elegant design of creature and he will need many adjustments to make him work as he should.
My question is how the upcoming changes are considered as big nerfs that will kill the character?
Comments
The nerf everyone is complaining about is the one where he can't refresh someone's exposed meter once they are already marked.
Also his power takes 30 seconds to regenerate. Not even close to "almost instant".
TBH if it were up to me I would have it be:
That way it's not hard to knock him out if you see him, but it isn't any easier to start spotting him in the first place. The other changes make sense. HOWEVER if you are going to nerf a Killer that isn't OP you need to counter balance it. Right now his cooldown feels very sluggish, so buffing it back to what it was at first seems fair if we are making it easier to take him out of it in a chase.
Yeah, and ghost face shouldn't even be able to be knocked out of his power, Myers can't be, in fact no killer should be able to have thier power taken away by a survivor.
I agree, the cool down is not that instant. I posted before I played on live version. I only played as him on first PTB, and that cool down meter was fine. Now it is ridiculously long, kind of defeats the purpose of the killer imo.
I would like to tried your version of changes though. They seem like they fit the design.
I like the idea of gradually expanding detection zone.